Joyner Holmes out for TX Fall Semester

Nobody is happy she's out. We are just discussing the issues in women's basketball around the country.

My guess is the person who posted it and made this thread did it to solicit these type comments.

hey why you want?if don't play against the best you will not get better!!

Agree with all three of you. My thinking is pretty sad when someone starts/comes in a thread and tries to stir up some ugly. JMO.

Still don't understand the is she or isn't she in summer school. Different sites have different data regarding whether she is taking classes (in any manner) or is not enrolled.

Reactions: 2 people
It is very simple. She most likely is on acedemic probation...she will attend classes at a community college to boost her gpa and transfer credits allowing her to be eligable

It is very simple. She most likely is on acedemic probation...she will attend classes at a community college to boost her gpa and transfer credits allowing her to be eligable
Could be, but they declared she would be back after the suspension. What if she took classes and didn't pass, would they let her back?

I'm more inclined to think is was some other rule she broke at the school, one that wouldn't involve remedying the offense other than serving the suspension. That's the only scenario that would allow the statement of her return to be definitive.

No one really knows, even the fans in Austin.

Kind of embarrassing when the whole world knows that a good player is out because of academic issues.

Nowhere in the article did it say she was having academic issues. It said she was suspended for one semester for violating university policies.

If a player has poor grades and has been declared academically ineligible, she would still be enrolled in classes during the following semester in order to raise her GPA and complete the required number of credits for her class standing. Until she improved her grades, she would be unable to play basketball but she would still be enrolled in classes.

To be suspended for a semester is a punishment for being naughty and/or breaking the school's honor code. Among other things, it could mean being caught with alcohol or drugs in a residence hall, being guilty of a violent physical assault against another student (sound familiar?), getting caught cheating on an exam, and/or plagiarism (schools now scan papers through a software program to catch cheaters).

I am in no way saying these are the reasons she was suspended, only that there is big difference between being declared academically ineligible to participate in athletics and getting the boot from a school for a semester (or longer). The reason for her suspension is nobody's business but must have been serious for the university to have taken the action they did. The university is right to protect her privacy.

Reactions: 1 person
Stick around.

Social media will unveil the truth once all the possible scenarios have run their course....over and over and over and over....

bah, all you goodie goodies and your "I just want to play them at their best" bs make me laugh.

I want to beat them all, like Conan the barbarian would do. Winning is fun!

Pretty sad when Lady Vol fans are happy that a player will be out or could be out for Tn to have a chance.

It is apparent that the present state of the program has caused a lot of fans to lose faith, not in the players, but in the coaching staff. We have the players, it is up to coaches to get the LV's ready for game time.

During Holly's tenure, the defense has played fairly well. Unfortunately, it is our offense that has failed,or let us down. The coaches should be able to fix our offense or bring in someone who can. The "throw it inside" offense is seldom effective if you can't consistently make your outside shots.

one wonders how many of the one and done men players take anything more than the minimum classes to maintain eligibility. Can you imagine being the academic adviser for men's basketball at Kentucky

Reactions: 1 person
one wonders how many of the one and done men players take anything more than the minimum classes to maintain eligibility. Can you imagine being the academic adviser for men's basketball at Kentucky

Do they need an academic advisor? How about an agent?

Has to be an easy gig. How hard is it to schedule a couple of communications and kinesiology/health courses. Lol. Jk

Sounds Vandyesque.

"Regardless of the violation Joyner committed, there will be plenty of obstacles to overcome for both Joyner and the team. While I'm sure there are different "exceptions" for athletes, a student who leaves the university for a semester or two has to either re-apply or follow transfer guidelines to be re-admitted.

- Joyner was not enrolled in the first summer session; hopefully, she took a class or two at a community college which will transfer to UTjr. With her commitment to USA basketball, doesn't seem like she would be taking any classes for the second summer session.

- Joyner won't be enrolled at Texas in the Fall. So, hopefully, she will take 3 or 4 classes at a community college which will transfer to UTjr. Unfortunately, she won't have the benefit of tutors and advisors like she would if she were at student-athlete at UTjr; so, it all falls on her and her time management."

Yes, T_V, I went on another fan site to get this info:blush:.
don't get mad at me.......Rikki Tiki Tavi am I:question:.

Edit: Changed their Texas abbreviation for correctness 😀.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back