Josh Tatum LB Recruit

west tn vol fan

I've seen some film on him and he's dang good. I think he'll go to Miami or USC but we're on the list. What do ya'll think?

grant had us as his leader until today when he committed to florida. he said hed commit after his visit to ut if it went well. he said it was good, but didnt commit. he said the other day that tennessee was his favorite even after the florida visit, but said he was gonna talk to his brother about his choices. i suppose his brother talked him into going to florida.

o, and we have no chance with tatum.

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Nov 30, 2005 5:01 PM
grant had us as his leader until today when he committed to florida. he said hed commit after his visit to ut if it went well. he said it was good, but didnt commit. he said the other day that tennessee was his favorite even after the florida visit, but said he was gonna talk to his brother about his choices. i suppose his brother talked him into going to florida.

o, and we have no chance with tatum.
[snapback]205863[/snapback]​

:banghead:

Noone is committed till signed on the dotted line. Never worry about those we don't get their are lines of others ready to be recruited.

Originally posted by Jacksonian 5151@Nov 30, 2005 7:35 PM
I was upset about Grant until I thought about the LB's that are redshirting( Mathis, McCoy, Meyers-White)
[snapback]205964[/snapback]​

Myers-White didn't redshirt, he played on the not so Special Teams this year.

like i said this will be fulmer's worst year recruiting. it has to be this way, most of these kids are not stupid. would you want to play on a offense that looked like ours. the last couple of years no real high draft picks. i said it before it will spell the end for fulmer. on defense he could tell the kids we are good, but we will still be 6-5 next year because we can't score. fulmer will be hard pressed to have a top 30 class this year. if he does i will say he may be the best recruiter ever. :banghead:

Originally posted by smokedog#3@Nov 30, 2005 8:42 PM
like i said this will be fulmer's worst year recruiting.  it has to be this way,  most of these kids are not stupid.  would you want to play on a offense that looked like ours.  the last couple of years no real high draft picks.  i said it before it will spell the end for fulmer.  on defense he could tell the kids we are good,  but we will still be 6-5 next year because we can't score.  fulmer will be hard pressed to have a top 30 class this year.  if he does i will say he may be the best recruiter ever. :banghead:
[snapback]206012[/snapback]​

I think we will have a ok recruiting class. It'll be in the top 25. I think with Cutcliff coming along, that will help too. I think getting people that love the game and are not just here for the NFL could be a bonus.

Originally posted by utvols82@Nov 30, 2005 8:55 PM
I think Cutcliffe will help alot towards recruiting offensive prospects.
[snapback]206023[/snapback]​

Your right on and with Trooper they should get some good ones.

Im not worried about recruiting. We'll land where we recruit, what we need. The D-line will be nasty, at tackle good gosh its a freakfest, depth from hell. LB's, Chavis likes the young group he has in Mayo, McCoy, Mathis, Mitchell. I like Karl landing as a starter. Ryan Karl #39 wins my award for just "tattoo" somebody. Secondary, can be big time. Im against the play off (soft) we have on 3rd and long. I can understand showing that look. I wanna see more physical play at CB off the line. Heff and D-Mo can bring pain at S.

Some worry about height at CB/S etc, Cheif evaluates from ability. Its my best guess he likes the mis-match, your 2-6" advantage at WR against his most athletic DB's.

Offense, im just as curious as the rest of the board to see what difference is made. Im excited, i think Cut can bring that Tennessee attitude back. Sure run it off tackle, people only complain its so predictive, when teams plan to shut it down and do. I like the idea of ok here is the first 3 plays, we might change it up, but naaaa' cram it down your throat!

GOOOOOOOOOOO' VOLS! :bow:

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Dec 1, 2005 7:08 AM
Heff and D-Mo can bring pain at S.

[snapback]206303[/snapback]​

I think Johnson and Wade start at corner and Heff and D-Mo start at safties.

Originally posted by smokedog#3@Nov 30, 2005 8:42 PM
like i said this will be fulmer's worst year recruiting.  it has to be this way,  most of these kids are not stupid.  would you want to play on a offense that looked like ours.  the last couple of years no real high draft picks.  i said it before it will spell the end for fulmer.  on defense he could tell the kids we are good,  but we will still be 6-5 next year because we can't score.  fulmer will be hard pressed to have a top 30 class this year.  if he does i will say he may be the best recruiter ever. :banghead:
[snapback]206012[/snapback]​

I thought our recruiting class last year was in the top 5????

Tatum has said UTK is probably at the top right now. He said after his visit to UTK that it would be hard for any school to beat the experience he had during his UTK visit. Why do you think we don't have a chance? UTK has a great reputation for putting LB's in the pros and we have a great opportunity for early playing time.

It would be nice to bring someone in that could play immediately. LB is one of those positions where you need tons of depth because of the amount of injuries

Originally posted by therickbol@Dec 3, 2005 9:56 PM
Tatum has said UTK is probably at the top right now. He said after his visit to UTK that it would be hard for any school to beat the experience he had during his UTK visit. Why do you think we don't have a chance? UTK has a great reputation for putting LB's in the pros and we have a great opportunity for early playing time.
[snapback]207764[/snapback]​

ummm, that was 2 months ago. since then, he was a silent to usc but since he visited um, hes in love with them. we have no chance because the last 4-5 articles on him have completely left tn out. both him and his coach have said that only um and usc are left. we may be good with lbs and have early playing time, but um and usc put more into the nfl and play all their lbs early.

there is supposedly news on grant. the coaching staff had an in home with larry and brent hubbs says it went well. he hasnt given an article yet, but apparently either grant switched or opened back up.

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Dec 4, 2005 12:51 PM
ummm, that was 2 months ago. since then, he was a silent to usc but since he visited um, hes in love with them. we have no chance because the last 4-5 articles on him have completely left tn out. both him and his coach have said that only um and usc are left. we may be good with lbs and have early playing time, but um and usc put more into the nfl and play all their lbs early.
[snapback]208033[/snapback]​

Word is he was a NO SHOW at the USC vs. UCLA Game this past week.

word is, is that his last article, which was written about a day ago, states that usc jumped back into a comfortable lead over miami and only miami.

as far as grant, it was just a good in home visit. he talked it over more with his brother but is still committed to uf. apparently, all we showed him on his visit was football and he wanted to see more academics.

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Dec 6, 2005 5:43 PM
word is, is that his last article, which was written about a day ago, states that usc jumped back into a comfortable lead over miami and only miami.
as far as grant, it was just a good in home visit. he talked it over more with his brother but is still committed to uf. apparently, all we showed him on his visit was football and he wanted to see more academics.
[snapback]209313[/snapback]​

Like UF has academics?!?!?!

VN Store

Back