Josh Richardson named to all-sec and defensive team

I've not read this...I have read folks say they thought the overall team could be better as the returning players improve. Don't recall anyone saying "JR wouldn't be missed" but if they did then they are bat**** crazy! :loco:

No one said he would not be missed at all. They were underestimating IMO how much he will be missed. We do not have anyone on the current roster who can replace his overall production.
As has been posted above, he is the most valuable player on any SEC team. If you take him away from this team, then they would have won about 5 games.

Several posters have said JR is not really going to be missed that much next year and the team will be be better than this year's team. IMO Unless the last two scholarships are given to immediate impact players we are in big trouble. Not only do we have to replace JR's points, but we have to replace his defense and leadership.

Consider the source. Most people can't tell the difference between a basketball and football on here.

A player of his caliber will always be missed, congrats to JR and his great SR season! I believe that between the 8 returning players and the 3 that will be added there are more than 3-4 players that will average double figures. It may take a combination of players to fill JR's shoes and I look forward to watching next year unfold!

Saying that the team could be better in 2015-16 isn't the same thing as saying Richardson won't be missed. Peyton was missed in 1998, but the team was better.

Saying that the team could be better in 2015-16 isn't the same thing as saying Richardson won't be missed. Peyton was missed in 1998, but the team was better.

Pretty much how I feel . CDT has said he will be pushing Hubbs to be more aggressive . We get Jabari back and hopefully Owens adds weight . Baulkman will be healthy . I'm excited about Phillips and Schofield myself . We're gonna add at least 2 more players and 1 should be a PG . Having 13 players should help too . There's a lot of reasons we should be improved

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back