Josh Dobbs 2015 highlights

Dobbs 4 Heisman

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIFmHJ7ZJAc[/youtube]

2016 Heisman Trophy winner. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
Edit, I see you got the link worked out.

Thanks for that.

Last edited:
I'm Voting as "Most Appropriate OP/Subject Matter of the YEAR!"...

trophy.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Very nice video, D4H, thanks for it.

Should be required viewing for any VolNation member who claims Dobbs can't throw downfield. He clearly has accuracy, arm strength, touch, and vision. Any who say he doesn't, you just need to link this clip as a response.

Now, if they say he lacks consistency, that's a valid criticism and one Josh needs to continue to work on. The accuracy isn't always there. The touch isn't always right. The vision isn't always perfect. But he does have talent in all those areas. Plus, of course, his incredible elusiveness and deceptive speed.

Here's hoping he captures that last consistency piece this coming season. Thanks again for a nice video, D4H!

Reactions: 8 people
Very nice video, D4H, thanks for it.

Should be required viewing for any VolNation member who claims Dobbs can't throw downfield. He clearly has accuracy, arm strength, touch, and vision. Any who say he doesn't, you just need to link this clip as a response.

Now, if they say he lacks consistency, that's a valid criticism and one Josh needs to continue to work on. The accuracy isn't always there. The touch isn't always right. The vision isn't always perfect. But he does have talent in all those areas. Plus, of course, his incredible elusiveness and deceptive speed.

Here's hoping he captures that last consistency piece this coming season. Thanks again for a nice video, D4H!

Great post.

That's all I've ever said. I've never once said Dobbs was perfect or a finished product. I've simply disputed the narrative that he can't throw accurately or lacks arm strength. As you stated this video shows Dobbs can throw.

He has the arm strength and accuracy to be elite. He just needs CONSISTENCY.

Hopefully that comes with experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Great post.

That's all I've ever said. I've never once said Dobbs was perfect or a finished product. I've simply disputed the narrative that he can't throw accurately or lacks arm strength. As you stated this video shows Dobbs can throw.

Hopefully that comes with experience.

The whole passing game needs to get more consistent, not just Dobbs.

The line needs to pass block better and the WRs need to get open and catch better. For every errant throw that seemed to be going nowhere, there were plenty where Josh threw a good ball to the right spot but the WR either dropped or didn't fight for the ball. Or they just weren't where they were supposed to be.

To be clear I'm not just throwing the WRs under the bus trying to defend Dodds. They made several tough catches when the ball was a little high or behind them.

If consistency is the goal it goes across the board.

Reactions: 1 person
As great as it was to watch Dobbs, it was also painful to see clips of the Oklahoma and Florida games. Ugh.....could be 11-2 so easily

Reactions: 2 people
As great as it was to watch Dobbs, it was also painful to see clips of the Oklahoma and Florida games. Ugh.....could be 11-2 so easily

That's exactly what I thought...

How did we lose those games????

I've been firmly in D4H camp on this. If Dobbs can get rhythm with three receivers taking majority of snaps we will be deadly.

Plenty of great passes and runs. He needs to be more consistent. He definitely can make some great throws. Anyone still saying he can't pass or is not a qb is crazy. He led us to one of our best years in recent memory with his arm and legs.

Agree with a lot of what people are saying here. Dobbs can be very special if he can get more consistent. Watching D Watson in the Natty shows how lethal a running QB with accuracy and strength outside the pocket is.

Dobbs is an exceptional athlete. There's been moments where he pissed me off and there was moments where he just made me say, "wow!" No doubt that he's elusive with the football when he's running but his passing game is still suspect and I truly hope we'll see improvement next season. Without him, our 9-4 record would look totally different.

So obviously you have an agenda with your reupping if two yearold threads and now this.just sput it out OP...

???
60% of the time, it works every time.

So are you saying Dobbs is inconsistently accurate? Maybe I am alone on this opinion, but consistency and accuracy go hand in hand.

Dobbs is not perfect and no one is claiming this. I think Dobbs is a really, really good QB, but the weakest part of his game are his accuracy and vision. I believe that both Dobbs and CBJ would agree.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back