Jordan Williams "best coached player" at Jets minicamp

We are blessed to have Coach Stripling along with his fellow defensive coaches. They know what they are doing. Smart players listen and respond accordingly. Jordan is a smart player. Hope he makes it. VFL.

If they're impressed by Jordan Williams...wait till nfl teams get a look at Barnett! Of course, I think it'll cost a club a little more to get him to their mini camp

Reactions: 1 person
I'm afraid this just may be another way of basically saying he's got a ton of heart, has been coached up extremely well, but he's just not all that talented. At least not talented enough to make it in the NFL. Also, he's about 35-40 lbs. lighter than the average weight of NFL DT's. His height is above average for NFL DT's though. He's only 5 lbs. heavier than the average weight of NFL DE's, but lacks the speed to play that position.

I truly hope he has a long lasting NFL career, but I highly doubt it. I just don't see where he fits in on a NFL roster. He just doesn't have the measurable's, nor the elite talent for his particular position.

I know, I know, have at it....negavol, etc.

Last edited:
What really stuck out to me about this article was the Jets reached out to CBJ to let him know how impressed they were with Jordan's preparation. The longer term effect of this is that coaches all around the NFL will take a much closer look at borderline draftable UT players and it will increase the draft stock tremendously for the higher-profile draft prospects. This is BIG for recruiting!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm afraid this just may be another way of basically saying he's got a ton of heart, has been coached up extremely well, but he's just not all that talented. At least not talented enough to make it in the NFL. Also, he's about 35-40 lbs. lighter than the average weight of NFL DT's. His height is above average for NFL DT's though. He's only 5 lbs. heavier than the average weight of NFL DE's, but lacks the speed to play that position.

I truly hope he has a long lasting NFL career, but I highly doubt it. I just don't see where he fits in on a NFL roster. He just doesn't have the measurable's, nor the elite talent for his particular position.

I know, I know, have at it....negavol, etc.

Good thing the Jets run a 3-4...Good thing Jordan Williams is a DE...Good thing he is about the same height and weight as the current DE's already on the Jets roster.
It would help to know what you are talking about before you start typing negative diatribes about someones lack of ability.

Reactions: 4 people
Good thing the Jets run a 3-4...Good thing Jordan Williams is a DE...Good thing he is about the same height and weight as the current DE's already on the Jets roster.
It would help to know what you are talking about before you start typing negative diatribes about someones lack of ability.

True. Have a friend who's a huge Jets fan (beyond me? :ermm:) and was asking @ JW. I told him I thot NYJ ran a 3-4. Williams fits the mold of a 3-4 DE IMO. Had a really + year for us in 14', which surprised many.

If NFLers are looking at JW over his 4 years they aren't going to see much until the new staff moved him inside. A 3-4 DE is much like an "inside" DL in a 4-3. I honestly think JW can have an NFL career. Jets may have $tolen one here?

Kudos to Coach Steve Stripling.

Strip and Martinez are two of the best position coaches in all of CFB.

Our two best easily hands down.

Love Stripling. Thigpen isn't bad either. They all work well together, and make Janceck a better DC.

VN Store

Back