Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, i posted the OP's same article 2-3 months ago and was told i was a negavol

Last edited:
More innuendo by Gruden hinting he is interested.

Corona Extra recently inked a deal with Jon Gruden to do some promos for their "Find Your Football Beach" campaign.

While there are some 30 locales selected - including Gainesville, Ann Arbor, Tuscaloosa and a few other college towns - only a few have garnered a commercial. Here's the list of the six (6) cities featured in those commercials:

Green Bay
Dallas
Philly
Knoxville
Oakland
Chicago

Does anything about this list seem peculiar to anyone?

Or, more proof, if it helps:

So, Corona Extra presented Gruden with the script for the commercial, and Gruden himself said "Wait, I know this doesn't include Knoxville in it, but I'm going to add it because I want to send a secret message to all Tennessee fans that I think their school is special and I might want to coach there if the opportunity arises. Ya'll ok with that, Corona Extra?"

LOL

Reactions: 1 person
Dude like it or not Gruden is our next coach. Haslam will write the check himself.

You are making this up. Please stop playing with the minds of these simpleton's on VN. It's not fair to watch them get all worked up over some guy who just tries to get a rise out of people.

Wait, I have been accused of the same thing. Carry on. If they are dumb enough to believe you they deserve to be disappointed.

So, Corona Extra presented Gruden with the script for the commercial, and Gruden himself said "Wait, I know this doesn't include Knoxville in it, but I'm going to add it because I want to send a secret message to all Tennessee fans that I think their school is special and I might want to coach there if the opportunity arises. Ya'll ok with that, Corona Extra?"

LOL

well, yeah :whistling:

I must say Gruden would be a great replacement for Dooley. I personaly would like to see Bill Cower take over as head coach. I not sure how most vols fans feel but I'm tired of losing to Florida and everyone else in the SEC.

Yes please, Gruden is one of my all time faces. This place would go bonkers if we actually got him.

Yeah it would. Could you imanage all the recruits that would want to play for Gruden. If he is looking to coach again Tennessee should pay him what he wants. And to be honest he can keep Dooley as recruiting cordinator and tight ends coach. Dooley can recruit. :rock: Oh well wishful thinking. :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it would. Could you imanage all the recruits that would want to play for Gruden. If he is looking to coach again Tennessee should pay him what he wants. And to be honest he can keep Dooley as recruiting cordinator and tight ends coach. Dooley can recruit. :rock: Oh well wishful thinking. :clapping:

Yeah his recruiting showed last night didn't it? :ermm:

I must say Gruden would be a great replacement for Dooley. I personaly would like to see Bill Cower take over as head coach. I not sure how most vols fans feel but I'm tired of losing to Florida and everyone else in the SEC.

I realize this was your first post, but, neither of those guys will ever coach at Tennessee. Never.

Never.

I work for Kellogg's who makes Cheez-It. Cheez-It is a major sponsor for College Game Day. We brought Herbstreit to my office in Bentonville, AR today where he did a Q&A for an hour, then signed autographs, and allowed our employees and their families take photos with him. After that his handlers rushed him over to Bentonville High School where he was the MC for the 7 on 7 tourney over there.

The people I work with are predominantly Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Missouri fans. He gave a few of the Kansas fans a hard time. I'm the lone Louisville fan in the office, so I could only ask one question during the Q&A. My question was, "In the BCS Era the Big East has outperformed the ACC by a wide margin in BCS Bowl games. Why, then, does the media give the ACC such a free pass while constantly bashing the Big East?"

Before he answered he said "Nobody is recording this session, right? No cell phones or iPhones or anything like that?" Everybody kind of laughed, but that led me to believe that anything he said that could possibly be construed as negative towards the ACC would get him in hot water. Anyway, he said that if everybody saw what he sees week in and week out it would be so obvious that the Big East isn't a BCS caliber conference. He said if the conference was so good why would Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, Miami, BC, and Virginia Tech all leave. He flat out said, (and I quote) "The Big East is a joke." His point is that it is a basketball conference and controlled by the basketball schools and that it's a sinking ship. He asked me who my team was and I responded "Louisville." He said that Jurich was the best AD in the country and that Louisville is a team on the teetering on the precipice right now and they need to get out of the Big East fast...really fast.

There were questions about the Petrino ordeal at Arkansas. He said that John L. was the perfect hire. His personality and antics will keep the media's interest and keep them from rehashing that embarrassing Petrino saga over and over and over again. He said Petrino will turn up somewhere because he's a great coach. He didn't know anything more than that.

In response to the question, "Who will be the next coach at Arkansas?" he responded that he was with John Gruden at a Kenny Chesney concert a few weeks ago. From that conversation he got the distinct impression Gruden was itching to get back into coaching, and it will most likely be at the college level. He said he didn't think Arkansas would be attractive enough for him, but he mentioned that the Tennessee job, should it come open, would be attractive to Gruden. 15 minutes later when asked about coaches on the hot seat he mentioned that the Tennessee coach was most at risk this year. Interesting...

how long have you been in NWA

to Ron Mexico. Did u ever think that kiffen or dooley would be coaches here. Do not ever say never because gruden will be back in coaching and it will be at the college level because pros do not have the mentality to tolerate him as a coach. And on offense he has the best mind in the business by far. I am not saying he is or wil be the coach here but do not say he could or will not.

More innuendo by Gruden hinting he is interested.

Corona Extra recently inked a deal with Jon Gruden to do some promos for their "Find Your Football Beach" campaign.

While there are some 30 locales selected - including Gainesville, Ann Arbor, Tuscaloosa and a few other college towns - only a few have garnered a commercial. Here's the list of the six (6) cities featured in those commercials:

Green Bay
Dallas
Philly
Knoxville
Oakland
Chicago

Does anything about this list seem peculiar to anyone?

Or, more proof, if it helps:

Green Bay (Assistant)
Dallas (Assstant)
Philly (Assistant)
Knoxville (Graduate Assistant)
Oakland (Head coach)
Chicago (Assistant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back