Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this earlier this morning around 9:00-9:30, but I held off posting it until I got more info. I now have heard from 2 independent sources that Dooley's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is making numerous calls to gauge interest for possible staff positions that might be available to him after the season. You can believe this or not. I really don't care one iota either way. I trust these sources. Of course, things could change. I am not a "Book it!" kind of guy. Just sharing what has been shared with me.

Nothing more on Gruden, but this info is a positive sign that the failed Dooley experiment might be nearing an end.

The stars are aligning.

Just passing time, nothing else to do right now.

gruden01.jpg

gruden02.jpg

thgruden.jpg

Last edited:
If dooleys agent is trying to see what other positions he may be able to get, so what do u think he is doing recruiting, , I'm not gonna be here but I'm gonna recruit still? Makes no sense, , I'd love to have gruden as much as anyone else, ,, doesn't make sense

If dooleys agent is trying to see what other positions he may be able to get, so what do u think he is doing recruiting, , I'm not gonna be here but I'm gonna recruit still? Makes no sense, , I'd love to have gruden as much as anyone else, ,, doesn't make sense

Maybe because that's his job, currently. I don't think it would look good on his resume if he just stopped recruiting.

I ain't mad, ,,i said I'd like to have gruden also! Just asked a simple question, ,, and got a smarta$$ response

y recruit good players to a school ur not gonna be at, , almost as dumb as ur post

So doing the job you are currently being highly compensated to perform is dumb? I get the point you are trying to make, but for all his coaching inadequacies I think he has a strong work ethic and is professional enough to perform his duties to the best of his ability while employed.

I ain't mad, ,,i said I'd like to have gruden also! Just asked a simple question, ,, and got a smarta$$ response

You got a kidding response.

Serious response :

The calls are referred to as "feelers". Any agent worth their salt would be doing the same. It doesn't mean that he is fired for sure. He can save his job. Wouldn't it be prudent to recruit as normal in case you do turn it around? I would say so. Would it be prudent to have a direction to go if you don't? I would say yes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back