Jon Gruden on UT/Bray/Coaching

his Bray comments had to come from Dooley or Chaney. its also concerning, IMO, that he stated it publicly. Would seem they would have wanted him to say something like that to Bray and maybe he did. But saying it publicly makes me think there is still concern by our staff.

I'm not sure how else to look at it....

This year is as important for Bray as it is for Dools to show VN, the state of TN, and the college football world in general if they have what it takes to perform at a high level in the SEC. Because so far, neither has proven much.

Gruden talked to the team for about two minutes at the end of practice and he was talking and shaking hands for the duration of practice. When practice ended Tyler Bray was out the door flat bill hat and all. Gruden was only there because he was featured speaker yesterday evening at the coaches clinic.

Gruden talked to the team for about two minutes at the end of practice and he was talking and shaking hands for the duration of practice. When practice ended Tyler Bray was out the door flat bill hat and all Gruden was only there because he was featured speaker yesterday evening at the coaches clinic.

Interesting, not a fan of these type of hats?

Reactions: 1 person
You didn't know? Guys who wear flat-billed hats have a lazy attitude towards the game, show poor leadership, don't do enough film study, and toke on the side.

Man, my son must be one of these type of guys.. Gonna have to look into this phenomenon more.

Reactions: 1 person
Gruden talked to the team for about two minutes at the end of practice and he was talking and shaking hands for the duration of practice. When practice ended Tyler Bray was out the door flat bill hat and all. Gruden was only there because he was featured speaker yesterday evening at the coaches clinic.

Thug lyphe

I was surprised he didn't say Dooley looked like a deer in the headlights and question why the school hired a guy who had a losing season in his last year at Louisiana Tech. I also thought talking about Dooley being on the hot seat and the program being in disarray was supposed to be standard stuff for these types of discussions. :confused:

To be fair, he was complimentary of the coaching staff not Dooley personally.

Maybe trying to light a fire underneath his arse...

IMO, that could have been done without Gruden making public comments. a little one on one session between the two and maybe that did occur. I doubt they asked Gruden to say it publicly but he did.

I was surprised he didn't say Dooley looked like a deer in the headlights and question why the school hired a guy who had a losing season in his last year at Louisiana Tech. I also thought talking about Dooley being on the hot seat and the program being in disarray was supposed to be standard stuff for these types of discussions. :confused:

This.

And before one of you football forum geniuses go nuts, vol2002 is using a tool called sarcasm.

So from this article, we can conlcude that gruden and hart are in discussions about the head coaching spot?

Thats my interpretation!

yea everyone has an a-- hole, i mean opinion.Be happy with what we have at UT he deserves more time at the helm to see where he can take this team.I agree that his first two seasons at the helm where horrid but know one had expectations that the vols were going to to any count with the players that where on the roster after all those who came because of kiffen and before that.The vols were left way undermanned and with the least amount of talent that a Tennessee football team ever had . And not one person who was a realistic fan of UT thought that the vols would contend for anything but the celler of the eastern division for three or four years.And most knew it would take three to five years and number three is coming up and there should be a marked improvement over the last four or five years and im excited about the upcoming season with a high octane offense and a very improved defense.And i plan on enjoying it very much .But i expect that 2013 will be the best year in a long time because the offense and defense should both be eye catchers with alot of experience and talent on both sides of the ball ,because they should have most of their starter back for their third and fourth years and should be preseason top 20 team and should compete for sec east and for overall sec titals according to non tennesseeans unlike 2012 when alot of our fans are thinking a from worst to first climb which would be nice,but im just hoping that Bray and Hunter stay healthy along with the rest of the team ,stay healthy vols.

yea everyone has an a-- hole, i mean opinion.Be happy with what we have at UT he deserves more time at the helm to see where he can take this team.I agree that his first two seasons at the helm where horrid but know one had expectations that the vols were going to to any count with the players that where on the roster after all those who came because of kiffen and before that.The vols were left way undermanned and with the least amount of talent that a Tennessee football team ever had . And not one person who was a realistic fan of UT thought that the vols would contend for anything but the celler of the eastern division for three or four years.And most knew it would take three to five years and number three is coming up and there should be a marked improvement over the last four or five years and im excited about the upcoming season with a high octane offense and a very improved defense.And i plan on enjoying it very much .But i expect that 2013 will be the best year in a long time because the offense and defense should both be eye catchers with alot of experience and talent on both sides of the ball ,because they should have most of their starter back for their third and fourth years and should be preseason top 20 team and should compete for sec east and for overall sec titals according to non tennesseeans unlike 2012 when alot of our fans are thinking a from worst to first climb which would be nice,but im just hoping that Bray and Hunter stay healthy along with the rest of the team ,stay healthy vols.

Breathe man, BREATHE!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back