John Currie

You guys are funny. I thought a messsage board was open for discussion on anything, but apparently if you don’t share the same view point as everyone you’re mobbed with posts about how dumb you are. This forum is turning into a place where zero discussion happens and everyone posts to please the crowd in hopes of receiving likes.

Cool guys. I get it, you all think Fulmer is the second coming. For the record I never said I disliked him or that I didn’t support Pruitt.

However, I did say that I don’t think Pruitt was the best hire UT could have gotten, but of course you all will defend it. Just like guys thought Dooley and Butch were great hires at the time. Pull up the threads.

Either way, mods feel free to delete this thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Currie did not know what his job was.

Per history he knew exactly what it was.

Haslem wanted Currie.

Haslem wanted Schiano.

Currie wanted Schiano.

If history had repeated itself, Schiano would be here.

The shift came when he tried to slide Schiano to the podium before all the other influential people that he had been telling a different story to got wise to it. And for once instead of just being quietly pissed off and following along some of them stood up and said "hell no". Currie was a willing pawn that got caught up backing the wrong horse at the wrong time. In the past he had it right. Currie (long term) was done at UT after that. The fanbase got the media coverage for why Schiano was rejected. There were many people that were not gonna let it happen regardless of that reaction.The PSU angle was a spawn of people just not liking him. Many viewed him as a turd and a pretty average coach without it.

Reactions: 6 people
I never said I was 100% certain.

Ah, so it’s rumor and inuendo you are basing your claims off of. The amount of hate that some “fans” have for Fulmer is just laughable and sad.

I’ve met him several times and had a family member play for him, and never once have we gotten any inkling of Fulmer being the Machiavellian, evil, conceited mastermind you (and others) are trying to paint him as.

Reactions: 3 people
Ah, so it’s rumor and inuendo you are basing your claims off of. The amount of hate that some “fans” have for Fulmer is just laughable and sad.

I’ve met him several times and had a family member play for him, and never once have we gotten any inkling of Fulmer being the Machiavellian, evil, conceited mastermind you (and others) are trying to paint him as.

You’ve got me pegged. I hate Fulmer and think he is evil.

Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

And Hitler is still alive and plotting to take over the world.

Anybody got an idea on the over/under between now and September 1st on the total number of "I have absolutely no facts to back this up, but I just wanted to make some crap up and post it" threads we see?

Going to be a long 8 months.

Go Vols.

25 and I don’t know whether to go over or under.

Thank you for this prime example of Fulmer Felching. This is exactly what Foolmers do. If you criticize their fat idol, they accuse you of things like being a homosexual. Fulmer sabotaged the coaching search. It's a fact. He didn't want Mike Leach. Fulmer wanted a puppet he could control. No one controls Mike Leach. Fulmer was done if Leach came to UT. Done.

Do you not comprehend on purpose??

Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

What's done is done. Pruitt is the coach for better or for worse (hopefully better). At this point does it even matter?

I'm curious how the Op knows with seemingly 100% certainty that Fulmer was diabolically sabotaging Currie behind the scenes. From what I've read, Fulmer wasn't even involved in the coaching search in any meaningful way until after Currie fubared the Brohm negotiations.

Currie was either in way over his head or didn't have the ability to blunt the wishes of Haslam. Either way, he didn't get the job done. Fulmer loves this university and secured Pruitt, as good an option as we could have hoped for under the circumstances.

Now let's just stop with the conspiracy theories and support this team and it's new leadership.

Watch a couple of episodes of Ancient Aliens. It will become clear.

...Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

An idiot begins

Cool guys. I get it, you all think Fulmer is the second coming. For the record I never said I disliked him ...

And proves he is an idiot by trying to dodge his own stupidity

Reactions: 4 people
just what good does it do to blast fulmer at this point. just what good? either with us or not. it's really that simple.

DBoSLJ7XgAAEijv.jpg

You guys are funny. I thought a messsage board was open for discussion on anything, but apparently if you don’t share the same view point as everyone you’re mobbed with posts about how dumb you are. This forum is turning into a place where zero discussion happens and everyone posts to please the crowd in hopes of receiving likes.

Cool guys. I get it, you all think Fulmer is the second coming. For the record I never said I disliked him or that I didn’t support Pruitt.

However, I did say that I don’t think Pruitt was the best hire UT could have gotten, but of course you all will defend it. Just like guys thought Dooley and Butch were great hires at the time. Pull up the threads.

Either way, mods feel free to delete this thread.

No, the middle two paragraphs are the meat of your issue. Only problem is, your beef has been stated 100 other ways on other threads. You fabricated this BS to go around it to get attention. Your only supporter is a Bama plant and D4H, I mean Volfan 10-4 or whatever his name is. Now, since you didn't get the support you want, you want to quit?

Wow! You would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt! Why didn’t the administration hire you over Fulmer?! They definitely overlooked your many years experience in leadership and building teams.

How are things at Bob’s Transmission Repair?

I don’t need a blue font.

Reactions: 2 people
No, the middle two paragraphs are the meat of your issue. Only problem is, your beef has been stated 100 other ways on other threads. You fabricated this BS to go around it to get attention. Your only supporter is a Bama plant and D4H, I mean Volfan 10-4 or whatever his name is. Now, since you didn't get the support you want, you want to quit?

Stated 100 other ways on other threads? What are you talking about dude?

Wow! You would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt! Why didn’t the administration hire you over Fulmer?! They definitely overlooked your many years experience in leadership and building teams.

How are things at Bob’s Transmission Repair?

I don’t need a blue font.

Yes, I would have. That’s my opinion.

I forgot that “the administration” has never botched a hire. I guess I should trust their judgement based on their proven track record.

Much of what the OP said was based on "framed conversations and heresay" that appears to be leaked by the Former AD to certain members of the media. He was terminated for cause for a reason, this is why he won't collect a dime from UT in all probability.

Plus, I'd be shocked if Currie is ever a P5 AD again. More likely that Schiano gets a head coaching job.....well, maybe not.

Except that Chris Low at ESPN shot these rumors down. Says he has multiple sources at different schools that say there was no sabotage. Hell he was even actively trying tout help bring in Doern at the request of Currie.

Any notion of sabotage just doesn't hold water.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back