John Adams - The eternal pessimist of all things orange

Not probable but possible. Anyone can go down even at home right gator?

I would try to stay away from using the Georgia Southern VS. Florida example to point to why we could beat OU.

1. Florida was terrible last year, OU isn't terrible. That Georgia Southern game barely qualified as an upset IMO.

2. We lost last year to that terrible Florida team.

Reactions: 1 person
I would try to stay away from using the Georgia Southern VS. Florida example to point to why we could beat OU.

1. Florida was terrible last year, OU isn't terrible. That Georgia Southern game barely qualified as an upset IMO.

While I agree with this somewhat, it's just the fact that people seem to be in love with the exception to the rule and ignore the rule.

2009 Tennessee almost beat 2009 Alabama.

Upsets happen. It certainly can happen Saturday.

But, that's not the norm or even close to the norm.

So Tennessee beating OK would be a bigger upset in your opinion?

So Tennessee beating OK would be a bigger upset in your opinion?

Probably not. I was mostly just wanting an excuse to call Flordia terrible. But a 4 win, mentally defeated and injury plagued Florida team losing in a meaningless game at the end of the season to Georgia Southern wasn't a huge upset in my mind.

Last edited:
Probably not. I was mostly just wanting an excuse to call Flordia terrible. But a 4 win, defeated Florida team losing in a meaningless game at the end of the season to Georgia Southern wasn't a huge upset.

They were still playing in front of the home crowd.

I do see your point though.

Hard to compare pre Internet era with the present. I doubt that many folks outside the Knoxville area knew who he was back then.

Uh, what? The mid to late 90's weren't pre-internet (I remember the days of dial up modems and I had America Online in 1995) and I still bet that most people outside the Knoxville area don't know who he is but what does that have to do with anything?

VN Store

Back