John Adams makes light of CBJ's "Power of One" slogan

The reason he has to use slogan[/B]s, is because he walked into a team with no confidence who have won a total 21 games in the past 4 years.... We sucked and have had no idea what it's takes to win. Slogans help remind young men, that losing much like most things in life can become a habit.... And it certainly seems to have become ours in the past few years.

Internet psychology. Slogans are for high school, period.

Everyone knows that a team that plays as one is better than a bunch of talented players playing for themselves

What is John Adams IQ? "Just One"

How long did it take for me to decide his article was horrible "One Minute"

How many balls does he have? "one lonely one"

How many words does it take to describe him "one" "Idiot"

Actually, the only way we'll ever be rid of him is if folks call up the KNS distribution and advertising and cancel their subscriptions and ads while giving them an earfull of why.
That's exactly what I did a couple of years ago, and I won't click onto GVX for any reason, including this discussion. JA ruined their site with poor attempts at articulating columns and through his allowing trolls like Jeff Flowers and that ilk to rule his discussions. My suggestion is to boycott KNS altogether until they send Adams packing back home to Baton Rouge.:salute:

Reactions: 2 people
"The Whole is greater than the sum of its parts".-Aristotle. Playing as ONE...ONE team, ONE unit, ONE COHESIVE GROUP.

That's exactly what I did a couple of years ago, and I won't click onto GVX for any reason, including this discussion. JA ruined their site with poor attempts at articulating columns and through his allowing trolls like Jeff Flowers and that ilk to rule his discussions. My suggestion is to boycott KNS altogether until they send Adams packing back home to Baton Rouge.:salute:

Did the same thing in 2010. It was long overdue.

Reactions: 1 person
You can tell the way Adams writes that he isn't even a fan of sports....ok, MAYBE girls basketball but otherwise he is just trying to be as smarmy as possible.

If you read John Admas twitter feed during football season, you get the feeling he enjoys watching UT lose

He seemed upset after we beat USCjr

Knoxville sports media is very, very sad. Hubbs, Adams, Hyams, every moron on The Sports Animal.

Just a bunch of sad creatures.

I'm a fan of Hubbs - actually surprised to see someone put him in the same sentence as Hyams & Adams.

I, for one, am kind of tired of the slogans. How about we just go out and kick some a$$ ... no need for PR stunts.

I thought it was kind of funny.

All of the slogans and catch-phrases are a bit sophomoric. Just play football.

I have grown tired of the continued outpouring of CBJ's euphemisms. Don't get me wrong I like the "Brick-by-Brick" slogan/mantra/motto however with every new catch phrase it just appears trite.

I can't believe anyone actually reads or cares about what JA writes. I can't stand whiny, negative, snide people, so I have ignored his wasted space in the newspaper and online for years. Come to think of it, I didn't even realize that the News Sentinel still exists at all.

Reactions: 2 people
It really doesn't matter what Adams thinks, it's about what the kids buy into. That article was written as a negative piece because Adams is a moron but the positive of it is the kids are buying into the coach and that's what matters.

Vince Lombardi's perfectionistic coaching had a HUGE impact on how well Bart Starr and his teammates played. Incidentally, "of" is not an auxiliary verb.

Vince Lombardi's perfectionistic coaching had a HUGE impact on how well Bart Starr and his teammates played. Incidentally, "of" is not an auxiliary verb.

So Lombardi used slogans? Is that right? What were some of his better known ones?

Lighten up Francis. I think the guy can be amusing at times.

However I'm sure some people think UT Sports is "serious" and there's no place for joking in sports.
:crazy:

How bout this old slogan, Just win baby. That's what I'm looking for after 5 years of sucking

There's a big difference in getting a bunch of kids from different environments to play as one team and getting a mature grown ass man to bring his A game. Talent doesn't always win especially if it's not developed properly. You know kind of like Georgia Southern versus UF. One team was more focused and motivated than the other because the talent difference definitely wasn't in Georgia Southern's favor.

So Lombardi used slogans? Is that right? What were some of his better known ones?

I never said that he did. In fact, I don't know of any surviving "Lombardiisms," other than his statements that "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing," and "Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all-the-time thing." Then, of course, there was the sentiment expressed by the Packers themselves that "Lombardi treats us all the same -- like dogs" (ESPN Classic - Leader of men).

There's a big difference in getting a bunch of kids from different environments to play as one team and getting a mature grown ass man to bring his A game. Talent doesn't always win especially if it's not developed properly. You know kind of like Georgia Southern versus UF. One team was more focused and motivated than the other because the talent difference definitely wasn't in Georgia Southern's favor.

Agreed. And one might add to your statement ". . . a bunch of kids from different environments and varying levels of maturity."

I have grown tired of the continued outpouring of CBJ's euphemisms. Don't get me wrong I like the "Brick-by-Brick" slogan/mantra/motto however with every new catch phrase it just appears trite.

Actually the euphemisms have a point. If I have a complaint, I just wish he would lighten up on his favorite word. If he talks like that around Kesling, I can imagine him saying over the radio; "And here come the Individuals running through the T."

VN Store

Back