Joe Milton to Patriots

Hope it works out, but they drafted a QB with the third overall pick. Very little upside for Joe here. On the other hand, he has nothing to lose.
Pats have done this a few times in the past. Draft a lower ranked guy and had them be successful as a backup then ship them off for higher draft picks in the future. Milton has all the raw potential to be a steal in this draft, he just has to put it all together.

Can't wait to see him chuck the ol' pigskin a quarter mile on Sundays.

giphy.gif

Didn't they just draft Drake Maye? Interesting going two QBs. Maybe they don't have as much confidence in their 1st round pick as we thought?
Falcons signed Cousins and drafted Penix. Steelers signed Wilson and Fields. Joe can be on the practice squad. Most fans at TN didn't like Nathan Peterman, and he is still in the league.

Reactions: stewart6600
Falcons signed Cousins and drafted Penix. Steelers signed Wilson and Fields. Joe can be on the practice squad. Most fans at TN didn't like Nathan Peterman, and he is still in the league.
I listened to one of the ATL staff on the reason they got Penix and it was understandable.
Said they don't plan on being in the position to be picking this high again, felt they were built to run into the playoffs and if a franchise QB is there, you get him and let him learn under a good Vet
Cousins probably wasn't happy but I say dude you got $90mil guaranteed, go play ball

Didn't they just draft Drake Maye? Interesting going two QBs. Maybe they don't have as much confidence in their 1st round pick as we thought?
If they didn't have confidence in him they wouldn't have used a 1st round pick on him with several other QBs available

Reactions: Pennheel
Out of curiosity, what does a 6th round QB bring home? With him not being a UDFA and an actual pick, is he guaranteed a contract?

Congrats to Joe! I'll have to follow some Patriots games to see how he progresses. Evidently, Patriots fans are stoked on the pick. Show 'em what you got, Joe!

VN Store

Back