Joc Bruce suspended from team activities (update: leaving school 7/24)

cardalejones.jpg

Wow. He ain't even given thought to life after football. UM teaching them well

I went to south Doyle for 2 years that school is such a joke

Not sure what Joc's high school has to do with anything here. Like every school I'm sure there are problems but SD has a good track record of sending quality student/athlete's to college.

Last edited:
Sadly that's the attitude a lot of high profile athletes have.

He's a good example of why having reasonable, minimum academic standards for collegiate "student" athletes would be great (minimal graduation rates by school too). Some will lose or elect to pass on the opportunity to take advantage of the resources (nutrition, medical, coaching, facilities, etc) available to prepare them for the next level, but there will always be another young man ready to take their spot. In some cases, it's really become a complete farce. Maybe the NFL can sign these guys straight out of high school... but there are only so many jobs available. Their absence from the college game would have little effect on the playing field and would enhance credibility.

This should have gone thru the player council before it goes to CBJ, beside this is on the player not the coaches.

I don't think Joc ever recovered from..."The Hit"...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7i8fqWRyc[/youtube]

And as for South-Doyle...I don't know what it is now...when I went there...there was South-Young...and then there was Doyle...but that was many, many years ago...

So in just a couple of days, we have found out Jones may give Foreman a chance at wr (presumably Von not looking likely), Swafford done with injury and Bruce suspended.

We know how to kick off a pre season heh.

This news is about as important as me needing a tire rotation.

One of my friends went to South Doyle with him and she said he was kind of a d-bag and was lazy. Probably missed some classes or workouts.

Joc Bruce will probably never see the field with a suspension this early in his career.
Get it together young man, you control your own destiny.

I watched some of Joc's film after seeing this, and he has some talent. Quick and pretty big hitter. Will be good on kickoff at least. I hope he can pull it together.

Basilio's blog reporting this matter was more serious than initially led-on and that his time may be over in Knoxville. Please tell me this isn't true/can anyone confirm?

Basilio's blog reporting this matter was more serious than initially led-on and that his time may be over in Knoxville. Please tell me this isn't true/can anyone confirm?

He tweeted yesterday: "It's not my grades, I was late for class... Just to get that straight"

I wouldn't read too much into anything you hear right now. Let's see where he is when fall camp starts.

Reactions: 1 person
He's a good example of why having reasonable, minimum academic standards for collegiate "student" athletes would be great (minimal graduation rates by school too). Some will lose or elect to pass on the opportunity to take advantage of the resources (nutrition, medical, coaching, facilities, etc) available to prepare them for the next level, but there will always be another young man ready to take their spot. In some cases, it's really become a complete farce. Maybe the NFL can sign these guys straight out of high school... but there are only so many jobs available. Their absence from the college game would have little effect on the playing field and would enhance credibility.

This is so incredibly wrong. Football does not translate professionally the same way basketball does. Signing a kid straight out of high school to the NFL is like signing his death wish. Not even the most high caliber high school players are ready for pro-football at the age of 17-18. It's too brutal on the body and you learn way more than you would expect when competing at the college level.

In basketball, you pretty much know when a stud is a stud. You can fine tune your game, but some people (like the entire UK starting roster, LeBron, Jordan, Carmelo, Kobe, Kyrie Irving, etc. etc.) are easily ready for the pros after high school. It's just a completely different animal than football is.

Besides, no NFL GM would sign a 17-18 year old kid. They know he would be in over his head, potentially could be fatally injured, and definitely don't have the maturity quite yet to handle all that fame and wealth.

VN Store

Back