JJ McCleskey

govols105

"Spent the weekend with Lil Sho in Knoxville watching the Vols first 2 practices and Jr. Day!!! I watched as a VFL and also as a recruit parent!"

1920315_632975450083808_1568032683_n.jpg

Reactions: 28 people
Jalen (his son) is incredibly athletic (recently posted a 108 SPARQ rating) and could be a real sleeper. Numbers are going to be very tight this year but I would love to squeeze him in. He's got a lot of potential.

One if my favorite vols, on the field, off the field and in the class room he was always the same! He was always in orange, smiling and laughing. Super nice and friendly to everyone!

My favorite Vol as a kid! I was no great athlete like JJ but I always tried to get #6 on my uniform and play tough. Great example of the old ..."it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the amount of fight in the dog that matters."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
JJ was a walk on that earned a scholarship IIRC. One of favorites too. Always hustled!

Lived in Reese Hall when JJ was there, played against him in intramural flag football before he walked on. Never in a million years did I think he would walk on, play as well as he did and then spend like 7-8 yrs in the NFL. What a great story.

Fun fact.... my first quarter at UT (yes quarter, before UT switched to semesters), Rich DeLucia, UT and MLB pitcher, was living on my floor before reporting to Spring Training with the Mariners and was our floor QB. Great dude with a hot girlfriend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
JJ McCleskey was an awesome ball player! Big heart for sure!! Hope his son comes to UT. We need this legacy kid. GBO!

Remember John Ward calling him name over the radio as I listened to the games while playing outside as a kid. Good memories.

Reactions: 1 person
McCleskey said Fergeson is the best QB that he saw on the field this weekend. He was on TSR earlier today talking with Treece. He was excited about him.

Lived in Reese Hall when JJ was there, played against him in intramural flag football before he walked on. Never in a million years did I think he would walk on, play as well as he did and then spend like 7-8 yrs in the NFL. What a great story.

Fun fact.... my first quarter at UT (yes quarter, before UT switched to semesters), Rich DeLucia, UT and MLB pitcher, was living on my floor before reporting to Spring Training with the Mariners and was our floor QB. Great dude with a hot girlfriend.

I stayed at Reese during that time too. I actually graduated high school the same year as JJ and played against him in high school. I remember him our Freshman year at UT entering the arm wrestling competition that they had at Reese (can't for the life of me remember what that week was called). He actually did pretty well if I remember.

VN Store

Back