Jimmy Hyams still believes...

CA_Vol

...that Butch Jones can get it done here. Just said it on the radio. Is he owned by the UT athletic dept? Maybe that is why he always gets the first question during the press coverage conferences.

Sexton pays Hyams a royalty everytime he is complimentary towards his client. It's called complimentary representation.

Reactions: 1 person
i've found Hyams to have a level head, until someone calls him out for making a mistake. Good broadcaster with good memory. Can be condescending.

How is this different than complimentary football?

Sexton uses key people to move a message. In complimentary football (CBJ version), key people are not used at all.

See the difference?

Reactions: 3 people
Lost to the worst Florida team in the history of college football. No he cannot get it done. He has failed repeatedly. It's not happening

This will be a hard week for local media. It's obvious from the coverage that editorial slant directly affects access. At a public university I don't think that should be the case but for now Butch can put a stranglehold on his mainstream media critics. Meanwhile the national media that most of the local guys aspire to be part of will be pressing hard for local media who will go after Butch on air.

...that Butch Jones can get it done here. Just said it on the radio. Is he owned by the UT athletic dept? Maybe that is why he always gets the first question during the press coverage conferences.

...and what exactly has he seen that makes him feel this way? Could it be the chronically failed opportunities at very crucial moments in games that Butch has squandered away countless times?

I think we've seen all we need to see as to what we can expect from a Butch Jones led Vols team. 8-9 win ceiling. That's "good" but not good enough. Especially when you are dropping games where you are clearly the more talented and better team.

It's coming down to coaching ability and Butch is losing those at a higher rate than he's winning those. Usually that equals.....not getting it done....

Butch can't have slip ups vs. Vandy, Ky or USCjr this year.

He must beat these 3 for sure. Losing to any is completely unacceptable at this juncture. He also must beat an extremely vulnerable LSU team. If he can't out scheme Coach O at LSU, he has no buisness being in this league.

His margin of error in the win column took a major blow yesterday. Losing the way he did yesterday to a historically awful Florida team who had zero identity is certainly an indictment of Butch and it should be.

Part of me likes Butch and grateful for many things he's done here. I'm usually not one to push for someone's "firing". Butch has done extremely well here for he and his family. Don't really think he will be on the streets somewhere and lose everything. He will certainly be hired by another school. Maybe at a second tier program....that still pays outrageous money. He will be fine.

However, UTs history is not being a second tier program and they currently still are at best. Again, grateful Butch has UT competitive again and stocked the roster, but you just can't simply keep losing games you should win. Not only win, but should win convincingly.

1st and goal at the 1 and we try passing. Then at that crucial moment bring in backup QB and get a false start. How about lining up under center and running? How in the world do you not go into the Hail Mary prevent D on the last place. Why in cover 2?

We were running the ball on them all day but in crucial short yardage plays we didn't.

I have been pretty fair to butch over the years, but I don't see him surviving without 10 wins or beating Bama. I can't see losing to Georgia, Bama, and 1 other and people being happy. No excuse for this loss.

Jimmy Hyams is a Bafoon. I'm glad I have learned to not rely on any of the Vols media except this Rexrode guy who calls it like it is.

Two things, I've thought Butch needed to go for 3 years now and every year he quells those emotions enough to hold on and be optimistic. I've never had confidence in his coaching ability he hasn't done anything to make you believe you should anyway. He can recruit that's great. I love that he remade our roster.

I am a student on campus and I love having classes with the players I love seeing my friends get to play and I love pulling for them. Butch makes it so hard because the only way to make it known as a fan base is to not go to games and we all know how hard that is. I'm not going to not go to games because it's not about Butch at the end of the day it's about the players but they deserve better. I know he has upgraded coaches but it should be very clear to everyone he is holding them back.

And knowing guys on the team comes with a lot of ups and downs I'm emotion because I hear the good the bad and the ugly about practices, the weight room, and relationships with coaches. Should be star players on the team smoke and drink 3-4 nights a week, the abuse xanax, they willingly skip workouts, and worst of all some are totally apathetic even as senior because Butch is a moron!

They know it l know it and everyone knows it. He needs to go before he creates an irreversible culture problem which was part of Dooley's damage too.

Don't ask who else are we gonna get I believe there are better actually coaches who know X's and O's in high school football, d 3, d 2, and FCS. Go get someone who isn't a clown. Just watch how red that loser gets, it's clear he lacks emotional intelligence which is terrible for a "leader."

I know we could sit here all day and post about the games he's botched.

Let these set in

Floridas never been worse and he's 1-4 against them.
Vandy he is 3-2 against. No one, I repeat no one that has ever coached UT football has lost two games to Vanderbilt except Dooley and Butch, and the guy before Neyland in 1925!!!!!!!

Butch Jones' teams don't quit. They fight the entire game. Make mistakes sure, more than they should. Should have won the game against Florida, absolutely.

Hyams must be part of the Main Stream media.:)

Butch Jones' teams don't quit. They fight the entire game. Make mistakes sure, more than they should. Should have won the game against Florida, absolutely.

CBJ accepted responsibility for yesterday's loss. Too little too late for me though.

I think we shouldn't kick more than one FG a game at this point...Mental Medley and the tatt'd up Camaglia should be on extra point duty....kick a FG and miss like Mental Medley usually does is worse than taking real playmakers off the field and going for it....I'm just saying:dunno:

I think we shouldn't kick more than one FG a game at this point...Mental Medley and the tatt'd up Camaglia should be on extra point duty....kick a FG and miss like Mental Medley usually does is worse than taking real playmakers off the field and going for it....I'm just saying:dunno:

I give Camiglia a pass. Those were not easy kicks and he did make one of them. Medley though...

I feel you my man. These players all come from top level high school programs...fighting is in their blood for the taste of victory. But they're being told to run the wrong plays at the wrong time. Leaving time on the clock when there should be damn near none in the final situation. That's all on this staff.

And I was blasted by lots for saying Shoop's defense would be hella aggressive BLITZApoolsa yesterday and it was. But there should have been 3 or 4 bodies standing on the goal line ready to bat down a Hail Mary attempt...especially how Georgia had us with that last season nearly.

VN Store

Back