JG & QD vs Hurts & Tua

I don't know if anyone else noticed. JG handled the Mcbride thing a lot different than he did with QD beginning of the season. It seems like JG was being told something different at the beginning of the season about starting then later on when he had a team first mentality. When he got injured, he like Hurt was in the sideline huddle with his helmet on, pumping up other players. Just felt different then maybe he was no longer being "lied" too about playing. Not saying he is better than anyone it just felt different.

Yea posting stats, showing a player in a favorable light that is getting bashed by dummies judging off of feelings and not results, means they are related to me.

I guess Qd and McBride have hundreds of family members on VN since they get so much love despite being inferior quarterbacks.

You don?t see me pumping up any of our qb?s or trying to act like they are the best thing to ever happen to UT football. I think they all sucked last year. Some of it being personal and some of it being coaching. I just (impo) thought JG sucked the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
You don?t see me pumping up any of our qb?s or trying to act like they are the best thing to ever happen to UT football. I think they all sucked last year. Some of it being personal and some of it being coaching. I just (impo) thought JG sucked the worst

Based on what?

He was the best in literally every single passing category and faced the toughest teams on the schedule besides UGA.

And when JG was named the starter...QD almost quit the team. He also decided to go ahead with shoulder surgery that he was going to hold off on until after the season...effectively quitting on the 2017 season.

Smart kid. Did what he needed to do to come back in 2018 for whomever he winds up playing for. If he transfers now he will be healthy and he is healthy to compete to start here.

Google both Hurts and Tua. They both have a strong Christian testimony on and off the field. I would say their focus is not so self centered which helps in the team environment.

Only guy i know that can make a QB with a 1-4 starting record look good apparently.

1. Moves us downfield for the game-winning TD vs SCar. B. Johnson dropped a perfectly thrown pass from JG to win it. Moved us downfield 72 yards quickly before Johnson’s drop in the end zone.

2. Had us ahead of Kentucky 26-21 until defense caved, as usual, and gave up the game-winning touchdown drive. Still, JG was 3-4 for 74 yards on the last drive that came up 1-2 yards short, just ran out of time. He also had a 13 yard run on that last drive.

So, could’ve easily been 3-2, absolutely should’ve been 2-3, despite an absolutely horrific team and head coach around him.

Bottom line, he was statistically much better than any other Tennessee qb who played. Just needs to be coached up on his pocket awareness and game management. Unless Shrout is a stud true freshman who can’t be kept off the field, JG is definitely our best QB option right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok but is there film of how Tua acted before he got to start?

The better comparison would be to show how QD acted once the others were playing and from the rumors he was no better than JG, but actually worse with him talking of transferring because he wasn't the top guy any more.

This thread is idiotic and obviously there were many problems under Lyles watch. Him lying to recruits, breaking promises, misleading and playing favorites.
With the new staff hopefully we will see many of those issues going away as I don't see these entitled attitudes being ok with CJP and then we will see who the real VFLs are and who was only here because CBJ would start them over better players because he liked them better.

IF you don't think Lyle made promises and let bad players play over talent just look at the OT legacy that jumped once he was fired. He knew he would have to earn his spot and even though he was a 5* I'm sure Lyle told him he would be the boss of the line day one and knew that wasn't happening with the new staff

And when JG was named the starter...QD almost quit the team. He also decided to go ahead with shoulder surgery that he was going to hold off on until after the season...effectively quitting on the 2017 season.

Basically both QBs attitudes were poor and a reflection of the lack of respect for Jones and the environment he created. It makes you wonder what was going on around there.

Only guy i know that can make a QB with a 1-4 starting record look good apparently.

He did look good for a freshman. Everyone except the ones with agendas see a RsFr complete 65% vs SEC teams for a good ypa and td/int ratio with the situation he was in and thinks he did ok.

Not the point anway. He was better than the others That is the point.

But you say Dooley is a great hire. And Dormady and Shrout , who both played worse than JG, wil start over him. :crazy:

So Guarantano is ticked he doesn't get any playing time in the opening game of the season and this is reason enough to give up on him?

It wasn't like Dormady was burning it up the first half either.

VN Store

Back