Jermaine Burton Forgives Himself For Taking Swings At Vol Fan

That statement he made was the final hurdle in getting his hellcat privileges restored. Up til now, he was having to pay for his own gas

Reactions: UTFanHades
How difficult it must be for people of the WWII generation to see sacrifice of oneself almost non existent in their lifetime.
Most young people I know are incredible. In my public school, there are hundreds of young people doing public service in nursing homes or Habitat for Humanity, etc.
Our own team is full of young men with the right heart.
Most kids on the Crimson Tide sidelines are amazing people.

Most organizations have trash people around.

The university's angelic lawyers told them what to say with a united front.
The university is probably really upset he said anything off script, and of course, the statement is pretty damaging to Burton's image (which the BAMA worked hard to frame up). That is who he is. It doesn't paint his whole generation as jerks.

Are the baby boomer's the most homicidal, since Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgway were so evil?
Take that as an equivalent statement to saying self sacrifice is almost non-existent based on Burton's actions and statement.
The violent crime statistics are lower today than any time in the last 40 years.
Would never know that watching certain news channels.

Chart is number of violent crimes per 100,000 people
index.png

Last edited:
He is a cocky little dude that will never change. Just watch how he plays.

Most young people I know are incredible. In my public school, there are hundreds of young people doing public service in nursing homes or Habitat for Humanity, etc.

The university is probably really upset he said anything off script, and of course, the statement is pretty damaging to Burton's image (which the BAMA worked hard to frame up). That is who he is. It doesn't paint his whole generation as jerks.

Are the baby boomer's the most homicidal, since Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgway were so evil?
Take that as an equivalent statement to saying self sacrifice is almost non-existent based on Burton's actions and statement.
The violent crime statistics are lower today than any time in the last 40 years.

View attachment 528663
I'd like to know where that chart is from. Most major cities are seeing crime rates surging past their historical highs. New York alone has surpassed their violent and nonviolent crime levels of the early 90s by leaps and bounds.

"I didn't think it was necessary to suspend the guy," Saban said. "If you knew the whole story, maybe you wouldn't either. But I'm not going to divulge that."

Gaslighting 101 from Saban on the matter.

If she did something egregious enough to get hit by an athlete in full pads, then why not divulge it?

I'd like to know where that chart is from. Most major cities are seeing crime rates surging past their historical highs. New York alone has surpassed their violent and nonviolent crime levels of the early 90s by leaps and bounds.
No it isn't.
People with a certain political agenda telling you cities are a disaster are the only true source of that info.
The truth is violent crime rates for the whole USA have been going down since the 1990's , and it is true both in cities and rural areas in every region.
The FBI has reported these rates since the 1930s.
New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Sara Clark
OH YEAH I forgot about that total BS. Not only was he scared, but Saban himself was scared - the whole Alabama team was SCARED. What a joke.

"I talked to him. He was scared, I was scared, some of our other players were scared,” Saban said. "I didn’t think it was necessary to suspend the guy, so if you knew the whole story, maybe you wouldn’t either."
A sign of our team's progress that the whole Bama team and Saban are scared of us. After that game they should be.

Reactions: SpookyAction
No it isn't.
People with a certain political interest telling you cities are a disaster are the only true source of that info.
The truth is violent crime rates for the whole USA have been going down since the 1990's , and it is true in cities and rural areas in every region.
New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2019
Yea, read the top lines. It hasn't been compiled with FBI crime statistics, which literally every reputable source uses for its base. Seems you're the only one showing political interests. My opinion, both sides can die a VERY painful death for trampling my rights. The FBI statistics literally come from the police departments, not the states like your "source" has to rely upon because the other statistics don't "meet their standard". Sounds a lot like bias...

A classless player in a classless program. That is all this is.

Where was Sankey on this. Probably with his head up Saban’s a$$.

Yea, read the top lines. It hasn't been compiled with FBI crime statistics, which literally every reputable source uses for its base. Seems you're the only one showing political interests. My opinion, both sides can die a VERY painful death for trampling my rights. The FBI statistics literally come from the police departments, not the states like your "source" has to rely upon because the other statistics don't "meet their standard". Sounds a lot like bias...
Sociologists have been studying the dropping crime rate for a couple of decades.
I studied it in grad school for two years.
The simple fact is crime rates are way down and the raw number of violent crimes are way down since the 90s.
Here is the FBI data.
It is the same. There has been a significant recent uptick during Covid, staring in 2020.
Federal Bureau of Investigations Crime Data Explorer
Go to filters, select New York state and then New York City for Agency Select
Scroll down to Summary Crime reported by the New York City Police Department 1990-2021
input from 1990 or whatever year you wish to 2021, then crime select all violent crime, or any crime listed, practically all of them trend down over time in almost all local agencies you can choose. An exception in some locales is rape and sexual assault rising because the crime is reported in more instances as the stigma is less than the past.index fbi.png

Well we can hold it against him forever. There are different levels of mistakes people make. Many (I’d even say most) mistakes are forgivable. But it take a certain level of scum bag POS to actually strike a woman. And it takes a gutless scum bag of a coach to defend that “mistake” and not take any action against him

I hope Heupel uses that as motivation when we play bama next season.

View attachment 528663

My take was not that there aren't incredibly amazing people out there now my take is that it's way more rare to see that today. Nothing more implied so not sure how you took that to serial killers it's not helpful to your argument. It was also not a knock on the younger generation. At no point in my post did I mention that. I can see this on all generations of people.

And since you mentioned it maybe it has something to do with how the public education system has "educated" our kids the past 40 years? Now we have a school in Virginia (Thomas Jefferson?) that intentionally withheld information that students were receiving merit scholarship awards because school officials were afraid of how it would make students "feel" who didn't qualify.

OH YEAH I forgot about that total BS. Not only was he scared, but Saban himself was scared - the whole Alabama team was SCARED. What a joke.

"I talked to him. He was scared, I was scared, some of our other players were scared,” Saban said. "I didn’t think it was necessary to suspend the guy, so if you knew the whole story, maybe you wouldn’t either."

J Burton - extends arm to slap woman on the head as she runs by. No lost game action.

J Banks - gets into it with teammate. Suspended one game.

I guess either can be justified but clearly Saban wasn't going to sacrifice it at the expense of a loss. The Vols did.

J Burton - extends arm to slap woman on the head as she runs by. No lost game action.

J Banks - gets into it with teammate. Suspended one game.

I guess either can be justified but clearly Saban wasn't going to sacrifice it at the expense of a loss. The Vols did.
So what about the Clemson game? Defense looked decent despite the cancer having fled town. Bama has always been a sh*t driven team since Miami quit recruiting from Dade County Detention Center. Let's not forget this is the same team that worked their asses off to get kids off of gun charges in Louisiana.

There’s no story he could tell that would convince me he was scared of that little girl. His didn’t seem scared when he tried to knock her phone away.

I believe the statute of limitations expires in October 2023. I’d nail his azz to the barn door along with Saban and the University of Alabama.
Roll that trailer park Tiders. I’d own their double wides.

Go VOLS

There’s no story he could tell that would convince me he was scared of that little girl. His didn’t seem scared when he tried to knock her phone away.
He wasn't scared of the guy he attempted and failed to swat the phone out of his hand.

How difficult it must be for people of the WWII generation to see sacrifice of oneself almost non existent in their lifetime.
Agree. Pretty much anyone past or present in the military, police, firefighters, etc….

VN Store

Back