Jeremy Pruitt press conference scheduled for 4 p.m.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Fyi.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX-puzCLBgk[/youtube]

Reactions: 8 people
I don't envy him. I'd hate to have to step up to the podium and try to put a positive spin on NSD. I'll be interested to hear what he says. Hopefully he's reasonably candid and doesn't try to "Butch Jones" the situation.

Reactions: 1 person
resiging his post already! That's harsh man.

Relax, I am just joking. Too many people freaking out today. We will be fine.
Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
It'll be interesting what he says. I'd say he had higher expectations than what the day has turned out to be so far. This class is solid, but not spectacular, with a couple potential game changers sprinkled in there. '19 will be even more important than it was before now, especially with all the in state talent available at positions of need.

hope he doesn't read the VN signing day thread...he may not show up and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't...:)

GO VOLS!

Smart canÂ’t beat Pruitt. Mullen canÂ’t beat Pruitt. I donÂ’t care who signed where...💥❤️👍

Reactions: 4 people
More like..."I got my butt kicked, aight?"

You seem to think he had a product to sell. I think we're lucky to get what we got. BJ ran our "football program" image into the ground and covered it with manure. Why would any 5-stars want to come to Tennessee when they've had NT programs begging them to go there? If CJP can re-establish some level of competitive competence, next year will start to look much different.

Reactions: 5 people
You seem to think he had a product to sell. I think we're lucky to get what we got. BJ ran our "football program" image into the ground and covered it with manure. Why would any 5-stars want to come to Tennessee when they've had NT programs begging them to go there? If CJP can re-establish some level of competitive competence, next year will start to look much different.

How about world class facilities, tradition, tremendous in-state talent, incredible revenue, passionate fan base, coaching multiple national championship teams....the first years are the easiest to sell because you are selling vision. He wasn't here for the bad hires of the past...he doesn't have to own that. Heck, Dooley even brought in 5 stars his first year....but don't let me rain on your "next year" parade.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't envy him. I'd hate to have to step up to the podium and try to put a positive spin on NSD. I'll be interested to hear what he says. Hopefully he's reasonably candid and doesn't try to "Butch Jones" the situation.

It is what it is. Im sure he's not satisfied with missing on some guys they need. He doesn't need to sell anything at this point. We just fired a salesman. Go develop and coach and the recruiting will take care of itself if you can do that.

Reactions: 2 people
Talking about individual recruits, mentioned '20 guys' even though we have 22 by my count.

Flowers
Garland
Gooden
Mincey
Peterson
Tillman

Davis and Norwood? Pruitt didn't mention either.

How about world class facilities, tradition, tremendous in-state talent, incredible revenue, passionate fan base, coaching multiple national championship teams....the first years are the easiest to sell because you are selling vision. He wasn't here for the bad hires of the past...he doesn't have to own that. Heck, Dooley even brought in 5 stars his first year....but don't let me rain on your "next year" parade.

A few counterpoints.

1. Yes, he wasn't here for the last decade, but that is also what kids know about UT right now. Regardless of his "vision" for it. You selling them on an idea not a fact at this point. Thats getting harder very year UT is irrelevant. I totally disagree on the vision years being the "easiest" to sell for that reason.

2. Most of what you used to describe UT's selling points are comparable across the league and at the major programs (Top 10) across the country. UT doesn't have some major edge over the top programs in the country in those regards.

Today was a disappointment no doubt. Its also not some major recruiting red flag either. If he's not closing on a top 5 to 10 class next year then you can start point at the rain clouds.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back