Jefferson County

Alum here. Still hoping that one of these days the program will be dominant again. Go Patriots!

Reactions: 1 person
They have a good kicker. It was just wide left. The kid was nursing a sore ankle but had to come back into the game because the backup kicker got hurt too.

By the way, my son played well. He played the whole game but they never threw at him. I'd like to think it was because he's a shutdown corner but I think their best receiver was on the other side. He did have a fumble recovery and a kickoff return for about 20 yards.

By the way, my son played well. He played the whole game but they never threw at him. I'd like to think it was because he's a shutdown corner but I think their best receiver was on the other side. He did have a fumble recovery and a kickoff return for about 20 yards.

Sounds like he played great. You must be very proud

Thanks. I'm very proud. He played well but he still has lots of room for improvement. I watched the game again on Hudl yesterday, he was out of position a few times on run support and he needs to do a better job of jamming receivers coming off the line. I'm sure he will get better with more playing time. We play at Cocke County this week. Hopefully, they will throw to his side a few times. (I better be careful what I wish for.)

Looks like my son is going to get some reps at receiver tomorrow night in addition to starting at corner.

Unfreakingbelievable. Lost to Cocke County 38-33. 4 turnovers including 2 pick sixes and a fumble on theIr 1 yard line. To top it off our QB kept the ball with less than 10 seconds left and no timeouts and got tackled on their 5 yard line to end the game.

Almost forgot, Cocke County ran two fake punts and converted both.

Last edited:
Unfreakingbelievable. Lost to Cocke County 38-33. 4 turnovers including 2 pick sixes and a fumble on theIr 1 yard line. To top it off our QB kept the ball with less than 10 seconds left and no timeouts and got tackled on their 5 yard line to end the game.

Almost forgot, Cocke County ran two fake punts and converted both.

That's hair pulling level of frustrating

Lost to Morristown West 28-14. My son had an interception and was chosen as the player of the game and got interviewed on the radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Patriots won 31-3. Jonathan had an interception. That's two for the season, not bad for a sophomore in only his 4th start. He will get tested early and often this week when the Patriots take on Sevier County and QB Deuce Wallace.

Last edited:
Congrats to your son. I'm sure he is excited to be getting some PT and making plays for the team.

Thanks. He's very excited although he really wants to play quarterback. Unfortunately, the starter is only a junior so I don't see that happening until Jonathan's senior season, if at all.

Well, Jefferson County's season is over after tonight's game against Morristown East. It's been a dissapointing season to say the least. The Patriots need to win tonight in order to avoid the worst season in school history. Hopefully, they will be better next year.

Last edited:
2005 Jeff was 2-8 (1-5 in the region), so not the worst.

I understand how much it stinks to play on a team without a lot of wins. Hope your son continues to work hard, play hard, and most importantly, enjoy the experience and make the most of it. The friday night lights are special and go by too fast.

Reactions: 2 people
2005 Jeff was 2-8 (1-5 in the region), so not the worst.

I understand how much it stinks to play on a team without a lot of wins. Hope your son continues to work hard, play hard, and most importantly, enjoy the experience and make the most of it. The friday night lights are special and go by too fast.

It was a young team that played better as the year went on.

VN Store

Back