Jaylen Wright to the Miami Dolphins

RBs aren't as high [priority as they used to be. Aerial attacks rule.

May have to snag that jersey. We were the dolphins in kids club so I’ve always kind of pulled for em and they have a cool mascot and colors.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Awesome! Was getting concerned for him. Hope he has his head on straight enough to hold it down in Miami! LOL

Was hoping he'd go to a team where he'd see the field frequently. Not sure he'll see much time with Mostert and Achane ahead of him. :(

Jaylen got penalized for the "spread offense back" garbage that many scouts labeled him as, but the league is going to find out how good this kid is. They talk about his speed, but there's a lot more to his game, as we all know. My bet is he ends up being the best back in the draft.

Funny that Will Shipley was picked before Cody Shrader, who I think will be a good NFL player as well.

Seeing the celebration that the family and the player has once they've been drafted never gets old. It always brings a smile to my face to see such joy and elation. That family has put in 15 to 20 years of work already and the player has another 5 to 10 years of work ahead of them. Awesome

Great for him. Odd cause I though the fins were good at RB
The starter is Raheem Mostert. He is 32 and had a thousand yard year in 2023. The only two other players Spotrac lists as "active" are Devon Achane (third round pick from A&M last year - had a good year with 800 yards rushing) and UDFA Chris Brooks (19 attempts for 106 last year). Jaylen is excellent in the blocking game, and we all know how explosive he runs. He should be able to pick up the playbook rather quickly and begin to contribute early on. Miami has a phenomenal coaching staff, so I am very optimistic for JW's chances to have a great career. It is also nice when a team trades up to get you.

Was hoping he'd go to a team where he'd see the field frequently. Not sure he'll see much time with Mostert and Achane ahead of him. :(
Mostert will be done next season. He will see action this season...a lot next year.

Happy he came off the board and even more happy he went to Miami!

The dolphins are my pro team so I’m pumped they took him!

The starter is Raheem Mostert. He is 32 and had a thousand yard year in 2023. The only two other players Spotrac lists as "active" are Devon Achane (third round pick from A&M last year - had a good year with 800 yards rushing) and UDFA Chris Brooks (19 attempts for 106 last year). Jaylen is excellent in the blocking game, and we all know how explosive he runs. He should be able to pick up the playbook rather quickly and begin to contribute early on. Miami has a phenomenal coaching staff, so I am very optimistic for JW's chances to have a great career. It is also nice when a team trades up to get you.
This is about to become Achane’s role and Wright will fit in very nicely in the secondary role.

VN Store

Back