Jaylen Wright, 1st RB drafted?

VolForLife83

Love this quote from him.

"I always walk around with a chip on my shoulder; I feel like I've been underrated my whole life," he explained. "It's nothing new - that just makes me go harder and keep proving my point. I'm the top running back, and there's no limit to what I can do."

Wright, Hyatt and Tillman are all guys that were not high level recruits that put in the work, bought into the coaching and the culture and it has paid off for them.
Hyatt was a 4 star.
Wright would have been as well had he played his SR year, but Covid shut down football in NC.

Reactions: walkenvol
Hyatt was a 4 star.
Wright would have been as well had he played his SR year, but Covid shut down football in NC.
Point being that Hyatt wasn’t putting in the same work that he did until he saw Tillman have success. Stuff like that is contagious and is what builds a culture.

Last edited:
Hyatt was a 4 star.
Weren't there people saying that Wright had the potential to be a 5 star if he had played his senior season?

Who says that Wright would have been a 4* if not for Covid? If that's coming from those working for the recruiting sites then they're just trying to excuse a miss.
Those guys are in it for Internet clicks, memberships and camps ($).

I had no issue with him being only a 3 star after his junior year. But then he trained his entire SR year to be ready for the EE SPRING semester of his freshman season.
And he just got better each year.
Was already blazing fast And Learned to run hard as a true freshman.
Added power his sophomore year
Added lateral quickness on top of speed and added power as a junior.
Added 25 lbs from freshman year to junior year of pure muscle.

True, I said Wright would be as good as he became. (Proof is in his recruiting thread).
But most people just saw a 6'0" 190 lbs track star with stiff hips.

Those guys are in it for Internet clicks, memberships and camps ($).

I had no issue with him being only a 3 star after his junior year. But then he trained his entire SR year to be ready for the EE SPRING semester of his freshman season.
And he just got better each year.
Was already blazing fast And Learned to run hard as a true freshman.
Added power his sophomore year
Added lateral quickness on top of speed and added power as a junior.
Added 25 lbs from freshman year to junior year of pure muscle.

True, I said Wright would be as good as he became. (Proof is in his recruiting thread).
But most people just saw a 6'0" 190 lbs track star with stiff hips.
I saw raw speed and watching his highlights... there was potential but not a ton of polish. I don't think he was going to be a 4*. Not that it matters now. The recruiting sites were just wrong as they are fairly often.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Third round. NFL doesn't value RBs as much as they used to. Not sure, but think thete is a glut of runners, and a number with higher production stats. But he will picked up for sure.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears

"I always walk around with a chip on my shoulder; I feel like I've been underrated my whole life," he explained. "It's nothing new - that just makes me go harder and keep proving my point. I'm the top running back, and there's no limit to what I can do."

Hope he is taken inside the first or second rounds. He could be a third, just because, the league is devaluing running backs.

Third round. NFL doesn't value RBs as much as they used to. Not sure, but think thete is a glut of runners, and a number with higher production stats. But he will picked up for sure.
His NFL Combine numbers were among the best at the position. I think he'll be the second (decent chance at first) back taken.

Not many RBs come through the draft with world class sprinting ability. I think once the numbers at the combine dropped he locked in that #1 spot.

RBs aren't as attractive as they used to be as a 1st round picks but Jaylen is talented enough to buck that trend.

He should be. I’m biased but he’s gonna kill it at the next level. He’s the perfect utility back, who can catch out the backfield, quick feet, good top end speed.

Alvin Kamara?
Alvin is quicker but Jaylen is a good bit faster if you get the distinction. Jaylen can catch but Alvin is an elite receiver. If he wasn't a rb he could be one of the better slot guys in the game.

Jaylen has a legit skill set. I saw some guy doing a RB breakdown and he gave high praise to Jaylen's blocking. That's not as sexy as all the other stuff but you better believe OCs notice that kind of thing.

VN Store

Back