Jauan Jennings conditionally reinstated back to team

I agree with most, I just believe that if he’s following through with what he’s suppose to do that he will be allowed to practice. Now playing in the spring game, no. It’s just hard for me to wrap my head around him not being allowed to work out along with film study & learning the new plays. I don’t take PF comments as severe as some do either but we all have our own opinions and I’m glad I finally had a disagreement on here that was civil with not bashing, thanks KB.

No worries, agree with you. Honest, civil discussion and debate is the goal on here imo. It’s all good. I could be totally wrong on how I’m interpreting everything. It’ll be interesting to see.

No worries, agree with you. Honest, civil discussion and debate is the goal on here imo. It’s all good. I could be totally wrong on how I’m interpreting everything. It’ll be interesting to see.

I as well could be wrong too. His comments are hard to read. This one gets me.

“There are clear limits that you can go; everybody needs to understand that, [and] he hadn’t really crossed those limits yet, but he had sure embarrassed himself and embarrassed the university and said some things that he wished he had back,” Fulmer said. “How many times did we do that at 18 years old? I’ve done it. We’ll see where it goes.

I as well could be wrong too. His comments are hard to read. This one gets me.

“There are clear limits that you can go; everybody needs to understand that, [and] he hadn’t really crossed those limits yet, but he had sure embarrassed himself and embarrassed the university and said some things that he wished he had back,” Fulmer said. “How many times did we do that at 18 years old? I’ve done it. We’ll see where it goes.

I think he’s saying the door is still open, JJ still has opportunity, ball is in his court and if he’s committed, if he meets JPs requirements, he’ll be back.

And by publicly saying “if his history is an indicator, he won’t make it back”, I think he’s challenging JJ, trying to motivate him to fulfill his obligations so he can get back.

So, he’s doing both good and bad cop here imho. My primary concern is not JJ, but rather the team, the guys who are doing things the right way, who are busting their arses....and a new coach who MUST set the right tone and expectations of his team.

The JJ thing has to be seen as legit by the team, it can’t be a farce or a formality or JP is gonna have credibility and trust issues going forward, and we just saw how those things can ruin a program and it’s culture when the players don’t trust and respect the head coach. For me, I trust Fulmer 100% and I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt to JP that he’ll handle it the right way.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back