Jasmine Jones

Jas's offensive woes is all on the coaches. They're trying so hard to turn a power forward into a perimeter player. Instead of playing to her skill set. They should've had Jas backing up Bash, and Kortney for Diamond at least until they get Jaime back in rotation.

Yes and yes .

I could be wrong but after that hit i think Jones might be done for the year.

Per the KNS Jasmine will miss the next game but Holly isn't expecting her to be out long term. Of course, I remember similar comments after Massengale had her concussion.

Diamond will start in her place. Good move...

Folks, let's give Jasmine some credit also...she averages 20.4 minutes per game...6 other players average more...so her starting is in name only. She is tied for 2nd best free throw percentage with Diamond, behind only Graves. She is the 3rd best rebounder on the team, trailing only Graves and Russell. She is 2nd in blocked shots behind Russell. She is probably the 2nd best athlete on this team...can press and defend...maybe better than anyone on that team. Effort is never a problem with her...she will lay her body on the line...and as my uncle who was wounded 3 times in the South Pacific fighting Japanese one island to the next...once said...I want someone in the foxhole next to me whose ready to lay it on the line.

Congrats....Best post of the day.

Reactions: 3 people
Hope she's ok, but the team is better without her. She's a turnover machine and horrible offensive shooter. Holly needs to play a 7-8 person rotation. She wouldn't start for any other elite program in the country.

wouldn't give an injured player hell would you ? Jones was coming on strong the last time she had a concussion and I personally think she would get better as this season went along

hopefully it is nothing major and she will be able to return to the court shortly

best wishes Jasmine and have a speedy recovery

Hope she's ok, but the team is better without her. She's a turnover machine and horrible offensive shooter. Holly needs to play a 7-8 person rotation. She wouldn't start for any other elite program in the country.

She got hurt putting her body on the line for the Lady Vols. She hustles and is a team player. I'll take her on my team. GLV!!

Reactions: 6 people
I like that Jasmine is a fighter in all the big games she has been in since being a vol she has been a bright spot. She doesn't get down on herself for a missed play she just hustled. We need her for defense and rebounding. She should be playing the 4 though.

... I remember similar comments after Massengale had her concussion.

Darth, you do know that Ariel cleared concussion protocol and was cleared to play but refused to do so. Although she was a legal adult she said she refused because her mother told her not to play.

When she comes back we should make Jasmine a post player and keep her off the perimeter. I think she could make a few good plays in there and definitely could help with the rebounding.

Darth, you do know that Ariel cleared concussion protocol and was cleared to play but refused to do so. Although she was a legal adult she said she refused because her mother told her not to play.

I never heard this. Lowers my respect level for Massengale to almost zero, if true.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not accurate...

Reactions: 1 person
Well, Warlick did say that Massengale was "day-to-day"--which became month-to-month, so I wonder if there isn't some truth to the notion that she did not feel comfortable playing. Massengale wasn't exactly the most tough-minded player to come through the program, let's put it like that. Toughness wasn't her strength.

VN Store

Back