Jasmine Jones officially to redshirt

I wouldn't count Tucker out. She had her first surgery while still in high school and had those crazy personal problems she was dealing with and that maniac who was trying to control her. Then she had to have another surgery after she arrived. Those ACL surgeries can take up to two years and especially if they don't get the proper rehab. Tennessee has great surgeons and therapists so I think Tucker should have a chance to come back.

I really hope she is able to play, and I wasn't counting her out. I did say "may never play". She was a top 5 player in her class before the injury, so she has a lot of potential if her knee can hold/heal up.

I hope they try to start working her at the 4 and give her a lot of practice time there. A 4 with the ability to step out and shoot threes really opens up an offense. She is such a heady player with good skill set. She needs to get tougher on the rebounds.

Nared & Jones will see several minutes at the 4 next season, while Dunbar will be at the stretch 4 her entire career.

With all the people now out of commission I guess Holly wishes she had gotten Dunbar & Moore & Middleton more experience on the court? Now, if forced to play they will be unprepared.....

She should have listened to ole Gule way back in Dec, dag nab it!

Dunbar will play more now. I don't know how much more, but I would think her minutes will go up.

With all the people now out of commission I guess Holly wishes she had gotten Dunbar & Moore & Middleton more experience on the court? Now, if forced to play they will be unprepared.....

Listened to a bunch of us. I am beginning to think Dunbar might have more upside than Middleton.

One minute Holly is being bashed for playing too many because they can't develop offensive continuity like you know who.....the next minute she didn't play them enough.?

Reactions: 1 person
Listened to a bunch of us. I am beginning to think Dunbar might have more upside than Middleton.

Right, if only because of her size and the position she plays. We are down to 8, possibly 7 players. Looks like we will need everybody to play at their highest level. I hate it for Izzy the most, at least Jasmine and Jannah have next year.

Also, bad for the season, but more importantly we have girls injured and hurting physically and emotionally. This has to affect the team as a whole; they are close knit, so you know they are all hurting now.

Reactions: 1 person
So now fire Lee, because Izzy tore her acl, Jas got a concussion, and Nia been skinny all her life. man I've heard it all. If anything Lee she be getting praises. If some didn't notice the teams before their conditioning had been under par. We couldn't even press or stay in a man to man half of the games, because players were bent over trying to catch their breath. Then you have thosr who didn't even make it back over half court. In the two years that he's been here I've seen nothing but improvement in these girls.

Reactions: 5 people
So now fire Lee, because Izzy tore her acl, Jas got a concussion, and Nia been skinny all her life. man I've heard it all. If anything Lee she be getting praises. If some didn't notice the teams before their conditioning had been under par. We couldn't even press or stay in a man to man half of the games, because players were bent over trying to catch their breath. Then you have thosr who didn't even make it back over half court. In the two years that he's been here I've seen nothing but improvement in these girls.

Who's Lee?

Reactions: 2 people
Injuries happen in sports, it's that simple. It's no one's fault. Red-shirting Jones is a smart move. Look at what the time off did for Ariel at then end of last year. She came back fully healthy and headache free this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Did anyone read the article from today online? Apparently Holly talked about Tucker. I am not a subscriber and I was curious what Holly had to say

Did anyone read the article from today online? Apparently Holly talked about Tucker. I am not a subscriber and I was curious what Holly had to say

Holly said that Izzy's injury did not change Jannah's status and that she was still learning to trust her knee. So we can probably expect to see little of Jannah the rest of the year,I guess.

Yes, he has them heading in the right direction but more plyo and strength training is needed, and I can see him revving that up next year, usually training athletes is a progression.

I wonder who holds the bench press, squat, clean, and vertical jump records for the lady vols.

VN Store

Back