Jarnell Stokes names his top 3

Stokes is visiting Kentucky this weekend according to Brooks Hansen on the Chris Vernon Show.

I think Cal recruiting Stokes is good for Tennessee. If the race is really down to Memphis, Tennessee, and Arkansas with Memphis out in front, Cal's negative recruiting agaisnt Memphis could be good for Tennessee.

I think Cal recruiting Stokes is good for Tennessee. If the race is really down to Memphis, Tennessee, and Arkansas with Memphis out in front, Cal's negative recruiting agaisnt Memphis could be good for Tennessee.

How would Cal negative recruit against a place he coached at for 9 years?

How would Cal negative recruit against a place he coached at for 9 years?

Because he will do whatever it takes to get the best players where he is. You'd think you'd have realized that when he was your coach.

But he will negatively recruit equally. He will get his shots at UT.

Anytime Cal gets involved it is not a good thing. There are no lengths he, or his handlers, will not go to to get a recruit they want.

Tennessee- "Coach (Cuonzo) Martin is a very genuine guy. Just talking to him, and not even talking about basketball he's somebody who you want to put yourself around as a person because of the way he looks at things. I guess they are at a disadvantage because they came on the job late, compared to the other staffs haven't been recruiting me as long. But, I love the city and the coaching staff."

From Rivals. Do not like the bolded part

This might be a reach, but after reading the article, when he's talking about how hard it would be to say "no" to one of those staffs, Tennessee is not one of those teams listed

:crossfingers:

This might be a reach, but after reading the article, when he's talking about how hard it would be to say "no" to one of those staffs, Tennessee is not one of those teams listed

Hard to pay attention to anything Stokes says in the media. He's enjoying the recruiting process, and stringing along AT LEAST 5 schools in the process. If we took everything he said at face value, he'd have committed to UT, UK, UCLA, UF, Memphis and Arkansas by now.

Because he will do whatever it takes to get the best players where he is. You'd think you'd have realized that when he was your coach.

But he will negatively recruit equally. He will get his shots at UT.

This is true, but I also think the negativity will be geared more toward Memphis because I'm sure he perceives Memphis being the leader at this point. Oh, I'm sure he will take his shots at UT, but it will be harder since Martin is in his first year and everyone knows there is less talent here this year than in years past. Hard to be negative about something that is such an unknown.

Ironic that this discussion is taking place while Cal posts this at his website:
Before we get to National Signing Day, and as players wind down their decision process, I would hope everyone – players and fans – understand that if you start hearing outlandish things, understand it’s out of desperation. Some of the stuff I’ve heard thrown out there during this recruiting process is ridiculous and crazy.

Desperate people will do and say desperate things. I want everyone to understand that we’re not desperate at Kentucky. We’re not talking about other programs.

If someone asks me about another school or another coach, it’s going to be nothing but positive because we don’t concern ourselves with other programs. What these kids see when they visit here is exactly what they get when they come to play basketball and study at the University of Kentucky.

We don’t guarantee anybody a spot or make any outlandish promises. This is a player-first program built on the foundation of helping these players reach their dreams, but the only way they get there is by working hard and taking advantage of opportunities. Nothing is given here. You earn what you deserve.

Let me leave you with this: If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably too good to be true. If it sounds too outrageous to be true, it’s probably too outrageous to be true.

This is true, but I also think the negativity will be geared more toward Memphis because I'm sure he perceives Memphis being the leader at this point. Oh, I'm sure he will take his shots at UT, but it will be harder since Martin is in his first year and everyone knows there is less talent here this year than in years past. Hard to be negative about something that is such an unknown.

He would much rather have Stokes go to Memphis with they guy he recommended to take the UofM job, than go to TN where he would have to face him 2-3 times a year.

Ironic that this discussion is taking place while Cal posts this at his website:
Before we get to National Signing Day, and as players wind down their decision process, I would hope everyone – players and fans – understand that if you start hearing outlandish things, understand it’s out of desperation. Some of the stuff I’ve heard thrown out there during this recruiting process is ridiculous and crazy.

Desperate people will do and say desperate things. I want everyone to understand that we’re not desperate at Kentucky. We’re not talking about other programs.

If someone asks me about another school or another coach, it’s going to be nothing but positive because we don’t concern ourselves with other programs. What these kids see when they visit here is exactly what they get when they come to play basketball and study at the University of Kentucky.

We don’t guarantee anybody a spot or make any outlandish promises. This is a player-first program built on the foundation of helping these players reach their dreams, but the only way they get there is by working hard and taking advantage of opportunities. Nothing is given here. You earn what you deserve.

Let me leave you with this: If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably too good to be true. If it sounds too outrageous to be true, it’s probably too outrageous to be true.

If he posts it on his website, it must be true.

I see this as a bad thing.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back