Jancek tweet after game

If he had kep his junk at home, he would still be here.. plus, he wasn't great at his job.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure I understand why Jancek would tweet that: each of the past 3 gms versus USC he was UT's DC, they gave up more total offensive yds than UT did last night, and around as much if not more points (one game they allowed 1 pt less).

USC pretty much out-played UT in 80% of those 3 gms, despite having zero defense in 2 of them and a walk-on QB and interim HC in the other, and if not for a freakishly great pass reception in the first allowing for a go-ahead FG with zeros on the game clock, USC's defense hitting the lockerroom mentally at the end of the 3rd qtr. in the 2nd one, and another poor effort defensively in the 4th in the last one, USC would have gone 3-0 in those games Jancek DC'd in....

You guys "don't blame him"? For feeling that way or using twitter like a pissed off little girl to share her feelings?

For some reason that's the popular way to do things these days.

And let's put all the blame on the defense, they weren't the reason for the inept offense last night

Last edited:
For some reason that's the popular way to do things these days.

And let's put all the blame on the defense, they weren't the reason for the inept offense last night
Yeah I believe we've got a few casual fans poster on this subject. Defense hasn't been the major issue to this point other than all the injuries. Heck injuries directly led to the game winning TD last night. But facts kinda get in the way of the Frankinstein mob here.

In all fairness though, the defense did not lose this game! The game was lost by an inept offense led by a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Fairness you say ? Warrior,due to lack of experience, got mixed-up when the recievers crossed at the line of scrimmage. Result = TD. Warrior plays defense. Fairness would be that we got beat on both sides of the ball but i agree a larger % on the offense due to 3 turnovers.

I'd be interested to see how many DCs in the history of football have lost their top 3 DTs, Top 3 DBs, Top 2 LBs and were successful. We're just barely holding on on defense. Giving up 24 wasn't the problem.

- Scoring 14 points was the problem. SC has a terrible run defense. Don't blame tennessee for running alot. That's the game plan. However, offense is without top 2 rbs, linemen fighting injuries, and no QB play for when they do throw. I like Dobbs but he has no pressure to perform because he knows his job is safe. It should be a weekly competition for starting jobs. If a QB is giving you nothing, you make a change. Butch is safe but Oline coach needs to go and we desperately need a real QB coach (no, Peyton is not the answer)

He deserved to be fired. He's just to big of a p**** to admit it. Miserable human being if you ask me.

Get your facts straight bro.

2015 YPG - 362 | 2016 YPG - 427
2015 PPG - 18 | 2016 PPG - 30

According to cfbstats.com it's actually 20.0 in 2015 and 29.1 this year, and 414 yds, not 427.

More importantly, though: comparing the first 8 games last year to 8 games this year you get:

2015 YPG - 403.4 | 2016 YPG - 414.4
2015 PPG - 24.3 | 2016 YPG - 29.1

The injuries to 3 of the 4 best defenders, and 2 at a position we couldn't afford to lose anyone at, (Colton Jumper's starting, for goodness sakes) easily account for the difference.

VN Store

Back