James Madison, Toledo and SMU - AP Poll

Just back to the SEC cellar with the Heupel regime. Ending the season unranked is going to hurt recruiting.
Name keeps stating your positive(un) perspective. Don't believe in cellar. Miss st., sc roosters ahead of Vols. 3rd year in a row with non-losing(not like your screen name) SEC record. Remember don't eat apples to possibly be healthy. It may have a worm in it

Reactions: butchna
two of those teams went undefeated in their conference and only have 3 losses collectively. the other only has one loss and it was on a last second play. So ummm,, combined, they have the same amount of losses that we do.
Non of those teams had to play #1, #8 and #9 teams in the country either. JMU, Toledo, Oregon St, Tulan, NC State and Liberty all go 0-3 agaisnt those same teams.

I thought 10-2 would be the ceiling on this team and 8-4 would be the basement.
I expected a 7-5/8-4 type season. You don’t lose Hooker and Hyatt and get better.
The WAY we lost to FL and Bammer is the most frustrating part of the season. Lose to Mizzou and GA.. whatever… but we should’ve beat Bammer and FL the way those games went. And that would’ve been a heck of a 10-2 season.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
two of those teams went undefeated in their conference and only have 3 losses collectively. the other only has one loss and it was on a last second play. So ummm,, combined, they have the same amount of losses that we do.
Let’s see who they played.

“In their conference” is some keywords. SMU got obliterated by TCU and Oklahoma and scraped by Memphis and Rice…while we’re counting. James Madison lost ugly to a really bad Appy State team. Our claim to shame is losing to Florida.

Reactions: DuckInAPen and tbh
Non of those teams had to play #1, #8 and #9 teams in the country either. JMU, Toledo, Oregon St, Tulan, NC State and Liberty all go 0-3 agaisnt those same teams.
A lot of times that doesn’t matter. It’s also worth noting, Tennessee got more voting points this week than last week. It’s just SMU got considerably more points this week than last week

“So…umm….” line up JMU or Toledo against TN on a neutral field and then get back to me.

That’s how rankings work. Not based on cOnFeReNcE rEcOrDs

Be better at life.
Angered much? They won, we lost two in a row, by. Lot of points.

“In their conference” is some keywords. SMU got obliterated by TCU and Oklahoma and scraped by Memphis and Rice…while we’re counting. James Madison lost ugly to a really bad Appy State team. Our claim to shame is losing to Florida.
Lost ugly? On a last second OT play is ugly? Appy St is 8-4 and playing in the Sun Belt Championship game. You never do care about facts.

Those AP dipsticks are a bunch of newspaper hacks who still dream of the days when USC and the " Fighting Irish " ruled the college football landscape. The coaches poll has totally superceded them in relevance.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
In the end does it really matter as if this year anything after 4 is inconsequential, at least to me

They won’t jump Washington. They’ll jump Ohio State who was ranked 2nd and lost yesterday.
I’m not so sure about that. Committee will still think OSU is better than FSU now that Travis is gone. It goes back to reward for the season, or who is honestly the better team. Will be interesting to see how they handle FSU

Lost ugly? On a last second OT play is ugly? Appy St is 8-4 and playing in the Sun Belt Championship game. You never do care about facts.
Here’s one! You post on the board of a team you detest. Respond if you wish, you don’t exist anymore.

Just back to the SEC cellar with the Heupel regime. Ending the season unranked is going to hurt recruiting.

No it won’t. There are teams not making bowl games that have higher ranked recruiting classes than us next year.

Florida state will be ranked in the top four when the rankings are released on Tuesday. Do you honestly believe that the committee thinks that they are truly one of the top four teams without Jordan Travis? Or are they’re ranking them there because of the season that they have had thus far.
I'm curious to see where FSU is in the CFP ranking as injuries to key players are supposed to be considered by their standards. Saturday night proved there was a significant drop in talent at the QB position.

VN Store

Back