Jalen Hurd. What has surprised/disappointed you about him in his first year?

I expected a lot more from Hurd. He is doing well for a true freshman but we needed someone like Chubb. I think he will get better the next few years but he doesn't have the overall speed, fluid, quick lateral movement and leg drive like Chubb. He will be good but never elite.

This has to be a joke.....

I expected a lot more from Hurd. He is doing well for a true freshman but we needed someone like Chubb. I think he will get better the next few years but he doesn't have the overall speed, fluid, quick lateral movement and leg drive like Chubb. He will be good but never elite.

'Rocky Mountain HIGGGGGHHHHHHH...Colorado...

Rocky mountain HIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH...Colorado...

Rocky Mountain HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........."

The offensive line difference is...offensive. Don't get me wrong, Chubb is a stud but the line difference is huge.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm more than pleasantly surprised at how well he does with pass protection and how well he catches passes out of the backfield.

I can't say that I am disappointed with anything Jalen has done. He's the most complete Freshman back I can remember seeing in a long time. I do think he has breakaway speed but it's difficult to show that when he has to get through all three levels of the defense to do it. I've seen a couple of those Chubb runs where he wasn't touched until he reached the 3rd level if at all. The holes were gaping.

Pass protection and receiving have been much better than advertised.

If this team had some credible offensive tackles and an offense not predicated on the horizontal passing game much of the time, he'd probably be getting some early Heisman buzz.

Like the ole Supremes song "no where to run".

Hurd hasnt had the luxury that Fornette and Chubb have had. He has power and is very elusive.He had an unbelieveable cut Sat night but unfortunately, 3 other Tigers were there to tackle him.

He and Barnett are the best of this great Freshman class.

You "expected more from Hurd"? What do you think he expects when he steps out on the field? Maybe, he expects the players around him to do their job, but that doesn't happen a lot, now does it?

Take Jalen out of this offense and put him in Georgia's or Oklahoma's or anyone who has a semblance of an offensive line, and what do you think he would do? He knew that he could have went to "many" different schools and excelled in their downhill running, Power I formations (since that is where he excels), BUT NO, he wanted to stay home and be a VOL! He wanted to stay home and do his best to help bring Tennessee football back to prominence.

Yet, you probably don't see that since you're too busy riding Chubb's d**k.

Reactions: 1 person
1. I'm very pleased with how hard he runs and how he finishes his runs
2. I'm very pleased with his passing protection/blocking skills
3. In very pleased with his pass receiving skills....he has outstanding hands

There are 2 things I'm a little disappointed with, and I'm probably nitpicking here because I think the kid is already an outstanding SEC running back...

1. While he has very good speed, I don't think he's shown to be quite as fast as advertised.....during the very few opportunities he's had to get into space and showcase his speed, it doesn't seem to me that he's a true 4.37 guy..... Looks more like 4.5. Jmo based on my untrained eye

2. His open field running. During those few opportunities he's had in the open field, he's chosen to cut toward the sideline each time rather than cut back and get additional yards. I feel confident that will improve next year as he gains additional experience.

Bottom line, Jalen has done very well this year as a true freshman behind a horrific OL. Future is very bright and I can't wait to see him next year, hopefully 10-12 lbs heavier and a year better.

VN Store

Back