Jalen Hurd over 1,000 yards rushing

Very good chance Hurd will end his career as Tennessee's leading rusher. Very good for a RB that could've played at any school in the country but chose to come to UT with a down OL and offense.

If we get back to greatness in the next 2-3 years, he'll have been an integral part of that.

I love it for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I believe he stays for senior season. Could very easily be around 4,500 yards when it is all said and done.

Some things Hurd does remind me of Travis Henry. One idiot on this forum said he goes down easy. Hurd does a lot of things very well, and on top of them all is fighting tacklers for extra yards, like Henry used to do. We've had many great RBs at Tennessee, and Hurd is among the best. jmho

Reactions: 1 person
Some things Hurd does remind me of Travis Henry. One idiot on this forum said he goes down easy. Hurd does a lot of things very well, and on top of them all is fighting tacklers for extra yards, like Henry used to do. We've had many great RBs at Tennessee, and Hurd is among the best. jmho

I think Hurd could sometimes do a better job of getting north and south, but he doesn't go down easy at all.

I have a hard time blaming him for trying to string plays out when he's a better athlete than almost everyone else on the field.

Very good chance Hurd will end his career as Tennessee's leading rusher. Very good for a RB that could've played at any school in the country but chose to come to UT with a down OL and offense.

If we get back to greatness in the next 2-3 years, he'll have been an integral part of that.

I love it for him.

I love HIM for it!

I remember thinking when Hurd was taking visits, that Urban would end up with him at Ohio St. That's before we found out that Butch and his staff could flat out recruit. IMO Hurd is the best player we've snagged since the great Eric Berry. After watching Hurd this season, they need to get a jump on Shield Watkins field, and give Hurd & Kamara a fast track to run on next season!

Would be a great accomplishment, but does anyone else find it weird that in over 100 years of football, Travis Henry is our all time leading rusher?

I mean don't get me wrong, being a member of the SEC's 3,000 yard club is a big deal, but I've just always been amazed that our all time leading rusher is good for only 30th in SEC history.

Well it's probably a testiment to our past depth at that position and goes to show how fast that depth can dissapear. Jalen is one of the few backs in recent memory to start his Freshman year and have that kind of success. Unless my history is fuzzy. Travis Henry if I'm remembering correctly played a lot early too and was way more talented then what his NFL career turned into.

Also give props to a young o-line that has probably outplayed themselves this year they deserve much of the credit. But Jalen is special you don't need a lot of daylight for him to pound the rock. That last drive was what I hope we see more of to close out games. The line took a big step forward today.and Hurd ran hard.

Going into this game I'm not sure many were betting on him getting 100+ against Missouri's defense.

Reactions: 4 people
Well it's probably a testiment to our past depth at that position and goes to show how fast that depth can dissapear. Jalen is one of the few backs in recent memory to start his Freshman year and have that kind of success. Unless my history is fuzzy. Travis Henry if I'm remembering correctly played a lot early too and was way more talented then what his NFL career turned into.
Could some of it also be that Tennessee during the stretch of Cobb/Webb to Stephens/Henry/Lewis and later on Hardesty/Foster not being up there at the top of the yardage list be from Tennessee's offenses were showcased by it's quarterbacks(Kelly/Shuler/Manning/Clausen/Ainge) and their stable of receivers?

Well deserved.. Just met his grandpa at a gas station in Colombia. Had a great conversation with him. Nice fella.

Also give props to a young o-line that has probably outplayed themselves this year they deserve much of the credit. But Jalen is special you don't need a lot of daylight for him to pound the rock. That last drive was what I hope we see more of to close out games. The line took a big step forward today.and Hurd ran hard.

Agreed completely. Our O line is the most improved position by far from 2014 to 2015

He just needs 1142 yards to be the career rushing leader at Tn. I think he will break Travis Henry's record next year.

I agree. Have to figure between Vandy and the bowl game he will only need another 1,000 yard season to break the record.

I believe he stays for senior season. Could very easily be around 4,500 yards when it is all said and done.

That would be good for 4th all time in SEC history... 2 more healthy seasons at about 1250 yards per and hes in ELITE company for sure

Do you remember the 2000 Kentucky game when Henry busted up the middle and stiff armed the KY safety in the 3rd qtr for that big 50 yard TD? The Cheese had a couple big runs in that game, where he ran over and broke numerous tackles against the Kats on his way to breaking the rushing record that game.

VN Store

Back