Jalen Hurd on Baylor and leaving Tennessee...

This is funny coming from you KB. Let one ore two posters say anything negative about Phil or anyone else, that disagrees with your opinion and we get a two or three paragraph about all the hate being spewed towards them.

I'm sure that's different though.

But okay, I was wrong. No one is hating on Jalen. Every single post in this thread and all the other threads with his name or his mothers name, have simply been just normal criticism.

“She’s a horrible crazy b****”

-Everybody who’s mama didn’t stick up for them

Reactions: 3 people
He probably should have chose TE. I just don’t see him being an elite WR. I could see him being a pretty good TE if he could take the hits along the line but that just may be too much for him. Maybe he could find a good flag football league.

Never saw the fit at TE, DE, LB et al by people thinking he wasn’t sturdy enough for RB. Those are BIG BOY high impact positions.

I’ll never forget him getting KTFO at the goal line by GA. Did not finish the play......didn’t finish the season

Yep. I have replayed that hit many many times. The hit was bad but it was Hurd's fault. For whatever reason, he let up after he caught the ball instead of running full speed into the endzone with the ball secured. If he had finished the play like he should have, the GA defender wouldnt have even touched him. He very well may have been hurt and I have no doubt Lyle Jones was a huge douche bag of a coach, but it still bothers me that Hurd quit his team mid season instead of waiting until the season was over before he decided to transfer. Even if he was too hurt to play, not being there at all to be a leader for your teammates is a knock on his character IMO.

Last edited:
I truly believe Jalen suffered a concussion or two at UT and got concerned about it. For that reason, he believed/thought he'd have a longer career in the NFL as a TE. But Botch thought he was a better RB than Kamara (!) and gave Jalen more touches (and more hits). If he can learn the position, I think he'll be a good TE or H-back type player.

Reactions: 1 person
It’s one thing to give up on Butch but quitting on your teammates in the middle of the season is wrong & selfish.

No pity from me.

Yeah Eddie didn’t do fine. He ended up having massive knee issues due to his height and how he had to run and get low.

And the average nfl back is 6 foot or under. Dallas rob Elliott is six foot and one of the tallest starting rb in the league.

And yes he was having a hard time walking.

He had a 100 plus carries injured and not lined up the way any other coach would have including yours. Only an idiot lines a 6’3 back up directly next to the q.b. You give the guy a few steps to get running like they did in his final bowl game.

But that was just jones making a promise he never kept to keep Hurd from transferring.

Lol using Eddie George. That’s like comparing all the bama running backs who failed in the nfl to Jamal Lewis. Keep it sane man. I never said Hurd was a hall of fame type player.

Eddie George never had a massive knee injury. Pretty sure he never had even a slight injury.

And when did Hurd ever have an injury that led to him having a “hard time walking”? Would appreciate an article or video to prove it.

Yo, who needs a good offensive line to look better than you really are. A good back can get his own yards.
-Signed
NFL scrub Trent Richardson

Richardson rarely got caught in the open field. He must be some kind of wizard.

-Signed
Worst Back in the SEC Jalen Hurd

This is funny coming from you KB. Let one ore two posters say anything negative about Phil or anyone else, that disagrees with your opinion and we get a two or three paragraph about all the hate being spewed towards them.

I'm sure that's different though.

But okay, I was wrong. No one is hating on Jalen. Every single post in this thread and all the other threads with his name or his mothers name, have simply been just normal criticism.

I come to Phil’s or Guarantano’s or somebody else’s defense when a poster makes it personal or posts something stupid that is easily proven false by empirical data. If a guy says “JG was a baby last year by the way he acted last year vs GaTech, he was never a team leader, he was horrible every game last year and he should’ve or will transfer”, then yeah, I’m probably calling that over the top and responding.

And I’m likely responding to Hurd’s mother classless and shameful social media posts trying to run Kamara down.

Guilty as charged.

Ftr, I’ve never gotten personal about Hurd, I understood why he transferred. I’ve only ever discussed him falling well short of being an elite running back and I’ve used his stats to do it. I’ve never “hated” on the kid.

Last edited:
Don't quit in the middle of the season and you don't end up the bad guy.

Did you even read the story? He wanted to switch positions, had a concussion and was banged up AFTER telling coach he wanted to switch positions.. He did the right thing, I don't blame him. Our line couldn't play, our coaches couldn't coach, his body was wearing down and he had suffered a lot of injuries already. Not to mention, our S&C was crap and everyone was dropping like flies. We're taught from an early age to look out for ourselves, cause no one else will. But once someone in the spotlight does it, they are selfish. I understand, it's a team sport, but you don't take a bullet for someone who won't take one for you and I damn sure wouldn't take one just to please this fanbase, or a team full of kids who only care about a mill ticket. News flash, very few kids on our team give 2 $×!+s about Tennessee

Edit to say. Jack Jones must be selfish too, he quit football all together for health reasons. I guess ya'll wanted Hurd to get to that point of no return, just to be loyal in your eyes?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Don't quit in the middle of the season and you don't end up the bad guy.

He was already under concussion protocol anyway, and our fans were hating on him anyway. I dont blame him one bit for leaving Botchs injurious scheme. Might've ruined his career for good had he stayed.

Quitting in the middle of the season is never good, justified or not, NFL teams will note this. Actually, he quit in the USC game in my opinion. He has a small window of opportunity to make an NFL team but looks like he has given himself the chance. Some chance better than no chance.

I come to Phil’s or Guarantano’s or somebody else’s defense when a poster makes it personal or posts something stupid that is easily proven false by empirical data. If a guy says “JG was a baby last year by the way he acted last year vs GaTech, he was never a team leader, he was horrible every game last year and he should’ve or will transfer”, then yeah, I’m probably calling that over the top and responding.

And I’m likely responding to Hurd’s mother classless and shameful social media posts trying to run Kamara down.

Guilty as charged.

Ftr, I’ve never gotten personal about Hurd, I understood why he transferred. I’ve only ever discussed him falling well short of being an elite running back and I’ve used his stats to do it. I’ve never “hated” on the kid.

Yea that first paragraph isn't accurate, but if it involves me going back and wasting time searching for posts to prove it, then you win.

And for the record, I didn't mention you or Remy in my post about all the hate. Got a guilty conscience?

Again, call it whatever you want, I'm amazed there is so much of whatever it is. It was two years ago.

I'm sure I'll get called out for this too, but Jalen was a college player, what 20 years old? He made a mistake. And according to many here, the fact that he quit is the issue, not because he was so good and it hurt us, "he wasn't that good anyway, BYE QUITTER" Doesn't matter why he quit, he quit.

"OMG Brang Lane HOME

Lol.

Edit: That last part wasn't directed towards you, I just think its funny. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yea that first paragraph isn't accurate, but if it involves me going back and wasting time searching for posts to prove it, then you win.

And for the record, I didn't mention you or Remy in my post about all the hate. Got a guilty conscience?

Again, call it whatever you want, I'm amazed there is so much of whatever it is. It was two years ago.

I'm sure I'll get called out for this too, but Jalen was a college player, what 20 years old? He made a mistake. And according to many here, the fact that he quit is the issue, not because he was so good and it hurt us, "he wasn't that good anyway, BYE QUITTER" Doesn't matter why he quit, he quit.

"OMG Brang Lane HOME

Lol.

Edit: That last part wasn't directed towards you, I just think its funny. :)

Yeah, my first paragraph, 100% accurate, don’t give a damn what you do or don’t “look up”, couldn’t care less. My conscience is clear as a bell. When someone is saying something inaccurate, as you did, doesn’t take a guilty conscience to set the record straight. There are surely some posters who have “hated on” Hurd over the last 2 years after he quit....but accurately portraying his football skills and performance ain’t it, make the distinction.

And I’ve never focused any post about Hurd being a quitter, didn’t care then, don’t now.....only on his physical abilities and play/performance, or better put, lack thereof. I know he had to deal with Jones’ dishonesty, he made a decision for himself, no worries. Thought him leaving actually made us a better team at the time.

Yeah, my first paragraph, 100% accurate, don’t give a damn what you do or don’t “look up”, couldn’t care less. My conscience is clear as a bell. When someone is saying something inaccurate, as you did, doesn’t take a guilty conscience to set the record straight. There are surely some posters who have “hated on” Hurd over the last 2 years after he quit....but accurately portraying his football skills and performance ain’t it, make the distinction.

And I’ve never focused any post about Hurd being a quitter, didn’t care then, don’t now...only on his physical abilities and play/performance, or better put, lack thereof. I know he had to deal with Jones’ dishonesty, he made a decision for himself, no worries. Thought him leaving actually made us a better team at the time.

What did I say that was inaccurate?

Again, I never said YOU did, that's why I asked if you had a guilty conscience. Good grief, you just said and I quote "There are surely some posters who have “hated on” Hurd over the last 2 years after he quit." That's all I said in my OP.

Reactions: 4 people
For Pleasure I hope. That's about 2 hrs East right across from me, I'm happy to share the humidity.

Safe travels!

It is.
Wife's aunt has a house there and they fly north for the summer.

Bring it on. I'm 14 hours from work, 15 feet from a pool and 300 feet from the ocean.

Jalen gave his all to UT for many games! For that I will always say thanks to him. In the end at UT it was sad for all the way he quit on the team. However, you must remember these are young men with a whole future ahead of them. A short 4 or 5 years in college is nothing compared to the future ahead. I fully understand his thoughts of longevity and getting prepared for his future in pro football. I wish him the very best (unless Baylor plays UT which is VERY unlikely). He will always be one of the best running backs to attend UT. Nobody can take this away from him.

I am not sure which is more important, the good for a team for a few games or the future life of a single player. I guess the question we will never know, would Jalen have help the team even more on the outside as a receiver? Seems to me Butch should have at least given him a shot?

Change meds awhile back mine was getting too low.

What's your status?

I've been ok.

Actually, no I haven't. It's been a really hard year. Don't know why I'm saying this on a message board, just too tired to put up a front, I guess.
This damn thing has taken me for everything I had and the future I wanted for my family. Just "being there" for my kids as they grow is the attempted goal now.

Already regret typing this and feel a small sense of relief, guess we'll find out if I hit submit haha.

VN Store

Back