Jackson Lampley is "IN" for "One Last Ride"

Is it really necessary for players like Lampley and Davis to make these grand announcements about their return? I canā€™t help but think these announcements are a microcosm of their generationā€¦what some might refer to as the by product of a lifetime of participation trophies and things of that nature
Maybe Iā€™m too old school, but I agree.

Maybe Iā€™m too old school, but I agree.
Carefulā€¦thinking a backup lineman that weā€™re actively trying to replace in the portal should just say ā€œIā€™m backā€ and go to work will get you blasted around hereā€¦

I see it all the time at workā€¦this generation wants a pat on the back for everything they doā€¦Iā€™m now in a management position and itā€™s infuriating at timesā€¦I suppose I am becoming bitter about it

Is it really necessary for players like Lampley and Davis to make these grand announcements about their return? I canā€™t help but think these announcements are a microcosm of their generationā€¦what some might refer to as the by product of a lifetime of participation trophies and things of that nature
Why does it bother you so? let them enjoy living out the dreams they have. I appreciate their commitment to the Vols and to their teammates. Donā€™t read them if they bother you.

Carefulā€¦thinking a backup lineman that weā€™re actively trying to replace in the portal should just say ā€œIā€™m backā€ and go to work will get you blasted around hereā€¦

I see it all the time at workā€¦this generation wants a pat on the back for everything they doā€¦Iā€™m now in a management position and itā€™s infuriating at timesā€¦I suppose I am becoming bitter about it
1705767496997.jpeg

GEPgRbiWMAAnLSh
79 snaps without giving up a sack or quarterback hit In 2023 and started the Vandy game. Would able awesome to see him come back and do that again and perhaps be a solid part of our rotation and go somewhere. Always nice to hear our boys decide to stay, regardless of their performance. We need depth familiar with our system. They may not be the best players here, but they can always stay and improve here or go elsewhere and start.

I am sure these are published by the University. Promoting the Vol Brand. But about as necessary as your post

Reactions: slobberknocker
Lol no. It's all an act to give our defense an extra few minutes of rest. If you notice, these "injuries" happen when either A.) our offense scores very quickly or B.) Our defense scores on a turnover. In a lot of cases, Lampley is the designated "laydown lineman" in those situations.
never noticed it was the same guy....

In the old days I would have agreed. But today, with so many coming and going I am good with players declaring that they will stay.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Looked really good in the bowl against Iowa. One of the reasons we ran for so many yards against a good iowa run defense. VFL like his dad

Amazing how they all are 100% the same. Never underestimate marketing
I was saying if they are as ā€œnecessaryā€ as my post then that would make them completely worthlessā€¦which I donā€™t think they areā€¦I was taking a jab at my self not them

Somebody is reading waaaay too much into this. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: slobberknocker
I mean everyone in this age has grand announcements on what they had for lunch or their bowel movements. I donā€™t really have that much problem with a kid on social media announcing his return to a team heā€™s excited to be a part of. Good for the kid to have pride and excitement for the program, fans as well and for marketing as well of the program. Itā€™s just a different generation. I feel you though I wonā€™t hardly make a Facebook post without feeling like an attention whore.

VN Store

Back