It's SEC Bowl Season (discussion)

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
It seems lately that the SEC wins about 60-70% of our bowl games (this is a guess on the %). This article (link below) from SDS got me to thinking about which SEC teams I think might lose.

Toughest bowl matchups for every SEC team

Here are my best guesses in no particular order:

USCe vs Miami - I do not think SC can stop the ground game of Miami. This should be a good bowl but Miami wins in the end.

ATM vs West Virginia - WVU scores way too many points for the bad A&M defense. The only good is that ATM can score as well. This is going to be fun to watch but WVU outscores ATM

Miss St vs Georgia Tech - I do not think Miss St can stop the triple option. GT "runs" over them for the win.

Ole Miss vs TCU - TCU is well coached and this one will be close with both teams having "good" defenses. TCU wins in the end.

If you made me pick another game it would be Auburn vs Wisconsin. Wisconsin can run the football but I am not sure they can stop Auburn on offense. I could see this game going either way especially since Wisconsin will have a new coach for their bowl game.

These are just my thoughts on some of the bowl games. I am not a betting man so there will be no money on these games for me. I saw the lines from Vegas a few days ago and seems like almost every SEC team was the favorite, but history says otherwise. Get your popcorn it is going to be a fun bowl season with 12 teams in.

What are your thoughts on these and the other SEC games not mentioned?

It seems lately that the SEC wins about 60-70% of our bowl games (this is a guess on the %). This article (link below) from SDS got me to thinking about which SEC teams I think might lose.

Toughest bowl matchups for every SEC team

Here are my best guesses in no particular order:

USCe vs Miami - I do not think SC can stop the ground game of Miami. This should be a good bowl but Miami wins in the end.

ATM vs West Virginia - WVU scores way too many points for the bad A&M defense. The only good is that ATM can score as well. This is going to be fun to watch but WVU outscores ATM

Miss St vs Georgia Tech - I do not think Miss St can stop the triple option. GT "runs" over them for the win.

Ole Miss vs TCU - TCU is well coached and this one will be close with both teams having "good" defenses. TCU wins in the end.

If you made me pick another game it would be Auburn vs Wisconsin. Wisconsin can run the football but I am not sure they can stop Auburn on offense. I could see this game going either way especially since Wisconsin will have a new coach for their bowl game.

These are just my thoughts on some of the bowl games. I am not a betting man so there will be no money on these games for me. I saw the lines from Vegas a few days ago and seems like almost every SEC team was the favorite, but history says otherwise. Get your popcorn it is going to be a fun bowl season with 12 teams in.

What are your thoughts on these and the other SEC games not mentioned?

Of the 12 S.E.C. bowl-bound teams, 11 were favored to win. T A&M was the only dog to WVU at +4.
SC vs Miami SC - 1.5
T A&M vs WVU WVU -4
Arkansas vs Texas Arkansas -6
LSU vs Notre Dame LSU -6
Georgia vs Louisville Georgia -7.5
Ole Miss vs TCU Ole Miss -3
Miss. State vs Georgia Tech Miss. State -7
Auburn vs Wisconsin Auburn -6
Missouri vs Minn. Missouri -6
Alabama vs Ohio State Alabama -9.5
Tenn. vs Iowa Tenn. -3.5
Florida vs ECU Florida -1.5

Before the coaching change I felt like Wisconsin would be one loss. I agree WVU is another. Miss St and Ga tech I think comes down to final possession. Miami idk because I have not watched them.
Overall I believe SEC goes 8 of 12 just because some coaches let their players blow it out at bowls and they play flat. Miss st might be one of those. I would not be shocked by an ugly loss by someone that could have won.

Missouri is another team I could see playing flat as hell. They lost to IU earlier and with that steam roll in SECCG who knows how the players are feeling.

VN Store

Back