• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

It worries me that USC rushed for more yards against Bama than we did

The_Big_Orange

Right in the Vols!
Was hoping we would could lean on the run but I don’t think it’s going to get it done. I don’t feel good about having any sort of weight on JG’s shoulders.

Hopefully our boys are ready to play.

Was hoping we would could lean on the run but I don’t think it’s going to get it done. I don’t feel good about having any sort of weight on JG’s shoulders.

Hopefully our boys are ready to plY
What does USCs rushing yardage against alabama compared to ours have to do with our rushing game against USC?

is it going to be pouring rain that afternoon at gametime? If JG is back there, you know they will stack the box and pressure him. Its one of the easiest offenses in the nation to defend with him taking snaps. That takes away the run game for the most part and the rain takes away most of the passing game.

With that being said, I think Jordan ran with much more purpose last week and I hope to see that trend continue. GO VOLS

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The rain forecast has improved some but it still might be a sloppy affair. A big Oline might be the difference maker.

? We both ran for around 130-140 yards. Not to mention Alabama’s defense had less time to rest against USCe since Tua was scoring so quickly. We looked more impressive on the ground than Bama did.
edit: hilinski also threw for 300+, so they had to play more honest vs USCe. They knew we were going to run it and they still struggled at times.

Rico Dowdle had two runs totaling 45 yards in the 3rd qtr when Bama had a 34-13 lead. Well over half their rushing yards came when Bama had a commanding lead and had likely gone more "base".

I'm not dismissing USCe. They like the Vols have improved over the last few weeks. Their defeat of UGA in spite of UGA's terrible play was impressive.

This is a tough game... and only gets tougher if UT has the liability of JG at QB.

Arent they without their starting RB this week?
I think the other one is better....Feester I think his name is. USCs defense isnt as many want to suggest IMO. Their pass defense is awful and their run defense is middle of the pack. If Georgia isnt sleepwalking and Kirby doesnt coach himself out of a win, I dont think people would be as afraid of USC as they seem to be. They are still an SEC opponent, so we will have to pack a lunch, but this is a very winnable game even if we have JG or JT back there IMO. I think we shut their run game down and I'm not afraid of their QB at all.

Is there a segment of this fan base that absolutely cannot go a day without wailing and gnashing of teeth? Our OL has gotten better every week. I could look at it and be encouraged that Alabama scored 12 more points against USCjr than us

The ebb and flow of every game is different and the transitive property doesn't apply to football very much. With that being said, I think this game will be decided by less than 7 points one way or another. If Maurer is good to go, I like our chances a lot. With him doubtful, we'll obviously have to rely a lot on the running game. We need to steal a touchdown somewhere, ie. pick six, scoop and score, trick pass play from the wildcat. Otherwise, I'm concerned that we'll lose a close one.

Yes but the guy that gained all the yards isn't playing.

Is there a segment of this fan base that absolutely cannot go a day without wailing and gnashing of teeth? Our OL has gotten better every week. I could look at it and be encouraged that Alabama scored 12 more points against USCjr than us

Technically our defense gave up 19 fewer points because one td was scored on defense. They did not have any defensive scores against SC

Hahaha dang man. Lighten up a little.

VN Store

Back