It’s happening

This just in....Smart was Saban’s DC.....Pruitt is currently Saban’s DC. See the correlation?

That doesn’t mean they are the same person professionally. Nor does it mean they have the same drive to work two jobs at once.

So yes, Pruitt is not Kirby Smart.

Kirby did that when he took the Georgia job, he said that he was putting in 16 hour days and making quite a few recruiting calls at night.

It seemed to work out fine for Georgia.

The major difference is the early signing period.

obligatory

giphy.gif

The 5:07 issue has been resolved. It was not to tell everyone that a coach is to be named immediately, but to tell a gofer in the UTAD to go to the closest Krystals for a large order of gut-bombs, fries, and drinks for the staff... as they will have to work overtime tonight. I'm sure the op is sorry for this unfortunate misunderstanding.

:popcorn:

Do you really think that the media that has trashed everything Tennessee is going to spin any comments in Tennessee's favor?

It will be Saban's defense, Saban's team. Get real!

It may be "Saban's defense" but if you'll do just a little homework, he won a national championship at FL State AND improved GA tremendously while there. Besides that he's a fantastic recruiter and the kids love playing for him. I agree the media won't "spin" anything in our favour, but they could not ignore the fact that he took the TN job (if he indeed does). So IF he coaches it's not a bad thing as long as he can recruit for us during.

I agree, and think of the free pub we would get when their D makes a great play. "Future TN coach Pruitt's defense" is one of the reason AL is in the playoffs. Every 4* and 5* kid will be watching. That's marketing you can't buy.

Exactly. I can't tell you how many times UGA was mentioned in that NC game when Kirby was in transition. Good pub and it just started good juju.

Reactions: 4 people
How do you know it’s the Tee hire Pruitt doesn’t want. Maybe he’s shoving 3rd and Chavis down his throat and Pruitt is like “hell no”.

Exactly. I can't tell you how many times UGA was mentioned in that NC game when Kirby was in transition. Good pub and it just started good juju.

See! And UGADawg knows from experience! It's all about that pub to kick start recruiting, and Pruitt already knows how to recruit in the SEC. Thanks UGADawg!

Here's the simple question: if we make the playoffs and one of our coordinators gets a head job, would you want him to coach the playoffs?

Didn't Kirby Smart work 2 jobs in his transition?

Maybe, but the recruiting deadline was in February then. We need somebody to pull a new class together now. If he had rather coach for Bama in the playoffs instead of doing his job with his new team, get someone else. I believe all of this talk is BS and rumors anyway, so I don't sweat it.

VN Store

Back