It’s happening

It's not as strange as you're making it out to be. Here's a guy that has devoted the last year to getting his team to the playoffs, and now they're there. If I put that much time, effort and sacrifice into something like that, you better believe I'm sticking around to finish it. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be devoted to Tennessee, it would mean he finished what he started. This looks great to recruits. That's someone they can get behind.

I disagree. In CF it is almost never done the way you suggest. In the context of UT this year, it is vitally important that the HC assumes his role immediately. UT is drowning and we need a life line in the form of a head coach. If Pruitt cannot gives his commitment under the current scenario then he needs to move on as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Either sign and make it official now or GTFO. I don’t care if he coaches the playoff and championship game as long as it’s public knowledge that he is our coach, not Alabama’s. It’s not hurting us if Bama wins it, but it hurts us every day we go without a coach.

To me it simply makes a pretty obvious statement.

Staying at Alabama says to me that he's more concerned with guiding Alabama (our biggest rival btw) to a championship than he is with giving 100% towards building a team that can win at UT.

Now I don't hold it against him personally. But I don't think it's too much to ask that Tennessee football be our next coach's top priority.

Reactions: 1 person
To me it simply makes a pretty obvious statement.

Staying at Alabama says to me that he's more concerned with guiding Alabama (our biggest rival btw) to a championship than he is with giving 100% towards building a team that can win at UT.

Now I don't hold it against him personally. But I don't think it's too much to ask that Tennessee football be our next coach's top priority.
Exactly. Either he’s in, or he’s not. There is no in-between crap. That’s called a conflict of interest.

Reactions: 3 people
Either sign and make it official now or GTFO. I don’t care if he coaches the playoff and championship game as long as it’s public knowledge that he is our coach, not Alabama’s. It’s not hurting us if Bama wins it, but it hurts us every day we go without a coach.

if he can hit the recruiting trail for UT and get his coaches signed and out recruiting,hopefully some out before the early signing period
I'd fine with it,hmmm can CPF recruit too?

So we should pass on Pruitt because he wants the rarity of being apart of a national championship team? Got it. Inferior coach, come on down! Really,what sense does that make? Hiring a lesser coach because the one we want wants to coach in the playoffs? Let me say that again...THE PLAYOFFS. Not to mention the recruits that may follow him to Tennessee instead of Alabama. If they pass on him because of the playoffs, Tennessee is worse off then they appear.

I’m not threatening anyone, but I’m about 48 hours away from taking hostages and demanding Tennessee hire a head football coach or face the consequences.

Wes Rucker Twitter

This is beyond strange. No one in the business world would hire a CEO from a competitor and then wait a month until the competitor can launch their new product line, that would be just nuts, and that is apparently what Pruitt wants us to do.

It doesn't work like that, you give your current employer their 2weeks notice and they usually show you the door out in 15 min.

Tennessee football grosses over $110 million a year, it is a huge enterprise which has to have a coach on board that is 100% behind our players and fan base from day one.

If Pruitt feels so strongly about bama's interest then he should stay there, he is not the right guy for Tennessee.

We need a guy that wants to bury Nick, not kiss his butt.

Agree. Though is probably more Nick. Saw on AL.com from 6 hrs ago that Pruitt out because we won't let him coach playoffs? Hearsay I'm sure ? I'm liking more I read about him but if we are going coordinator route we better get the right one.

Do we even know that it is true that Pruitt wants to stay on with Alabama until the CFP is over or are we just running on speciation and rumors?! It could also be that Fulmer has not made a decision yet.

Surely you guys can see how much good publicity we get by having him coach in the playoffs. Every announcer will be talking about it during the games and recruits watch these games. Its a rather big recruiting advertisement. Bring Tee in as OC and let him recruit on the ground while we are waiting on Pruitt. What better way to keep us in the recruits minds during the playoffs?

Our fanbase is as bat**** crazy as our admin has been. Let Fulmer reel in the big fish and let Pruitt finish out the season that he is committed to. Integrity gents and we can’t have it both ways. I have over a 100 guys working for me and hire all the time. Any time one says he is just going to start immediately and quit I pass. Coaching is no different but you can better believe he would be multitasking and that says a lot on both parties that they want him to finish. One thing to remember, Pruitt and his family are giant sized bammers and he would
most assuredly want to leave on good terms. Buddies wife went to HS with him and I hope the ticket angle plays out.

I disagree. In CF it is almost never done the way you suggest. In the context of UT this year, it is vitally important that the HC assumes his role immediately. UT is drowning and we need a life line in the form of a head coach. If Pruitt cannot gives his commitment under the current scenario then he needs to move on as well.[/QUOTE

And get who? Tennessee, at this point is not in a position to negotiate. Pruitt is the best option, I say give him what he wants and we will see him in January, hopefully as a championship coach.

You can put the fire suit away, but it's more than just about this recruiting class. Pruitt needs to evaluate and hire his staff. He needs to plan for this critical offseason, including evaluating his S&C coach/program. If UT were 10-2 last year, then maybe not getting him in here until mid January would be good enough. We are not a 10-2 team. We are the worst team in UT history, and the new coach needs to be here working *NOW* to fix this. It is also not honorable to let the current UT staff swing in limbo for a month and then fire them after most coaches nationwide have already filled out their staffs. Where are they going to land in mid-January? Plus, it will make it more difficult for Pruitt to hire coaches in mid-January. Saban is not going to be cool with Pruitt taking 40 hours out of his work week to be working on getting UT straight; he will expect 80-100 hours per week to be exclusively devoted to winning for Bama.

It sucks for Bama to lose a coach in the midst of a championship run, but that's how it works. Mullen is already working for our East rival Florida instead of coaching MSU in a bowl game. Why can we not expect the same dedication? How much further behind do we need to get to avoid interfering in Bama's pursuit of glory?

This is spot on.

Reactions: 3 people
After Lane last year, Saban won't keep him on staff if he is leaving to coach UT.

So if he is coming he is coming. If he isn't he is staying with us.

Do we even know that it is true that Pruitt wants to stay on with Alabama until the CFP is over or are we just running on speciation and rumors?! It could also be that Fulmer has not made a decision yet.

Alot of folks nationwide are reporting this. IMO Pruitt is over and Fulmer moves on to the next coach.

VN Store

Back