Is there something else going on?

How do you know? He could have been. How many guys did Hamilton interview? I mean Kiffin was a proven loser and Tennessee was one year removed from an SEC east title. We were still a very relevant program, yet you replace a HOF coach with a proven loser? Certainly doesnt show that Hamilton did his due dilligence to me. Still doesnt change the fact of how bad those decisions have been for us. Knee jerk hires and fires dont seem to be a great idea.

I am on record as not ever wanting Fulmer fired. You can check that 7 year long thread on Fulmer. Hamilton had 3 months to hire a coach. He told G-Patt he was a mid major coach, same with Sumlin, and settled on Kiffin because he was everything opposite of Coach Fulmer. Hamilton then negotiated the worst contract, with buyout for SC ever. Of course, the writing was on the wall the minute Hamilton was hired because he was a money guy, not a sports guy.

So if it turns out Hurd was the problem all along Butch was pretty much screwed in his options.

So let's bench/dismiss the featured back that was poised to break our rushing record. "SAY WHAT?!" responds the AD, BMDs, and Vol fans everywhere.

Ok let's just see how it evolves this season. We lit it up last season (my guess is on this one). Offensive production falters as said individual gets more "me centric" and frankly this is what appearances are.

Give in after Appy state and totally throw out spring ball and preseason training work. In the short term offensive production falters? Guessing. Well he didn't do this because we have seen the games. But does this one cost him the locker room if the players already don't like Hurd?

Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't. BUT he is the head coach and he has to deal with it. And in that regard I haven't heard him back down from that either but it still has to get corrected. If it's number 1 above then things should already start getting better? I guess we will know over the next couple of weeks.

Again this is ALL speculation on my part and I really do hope Hurd finds what he is looking for and has success in whatever he does.

Some are implying the team kicked Hurd off the team. :hmm:

I think some things that were said by Hurd, got back to Butch Jones and he called Jalen Hurd's bluff and backed him into a corner.....I don't blame Butch, he had no choice but to get rid of the cancer quickly

The players ran Hurd off not the coaches. He got hit too hard and got scared. He decided WR or TE weren't as physically demanding. The fact that Hird is changing positions tells you it has nothing to do with the system. Besides, this system had him on pace to be all time leading rusher. My 2 cents.
This team is going to come out play like they don't need Hird to win.

It's called being a DIVA. Preston Williams is one and Jalen Hurd is one. If anybody else thinks they are above everyone on the squad they can go too. We don't need that drama around the program and no one player is ever going to be bigger than the team. If they think that's so hard to understand then don't let the door hit you on the way out. We need team players and those 2 clearly were not team players from what we are hearing from some reliable insiders.

how-to-be-a-bully-free-school-8-728.jpg

Isn't VolNation a safe space?

VN Store

Back