Is the Catholic Church an evil entity?

Well, first off, I was responding to your claim that the meme somehow "failed." I don't believe that it does--the fact that atheists aren't doing enough about it is irrelevant to whether Catholics or Christians ought to be doing more.

I'm not giving the Catholic Church support in any form. I didn't vote for a president who cares more about kneeling during the national anthem and pandering to the religious than bringing justice to an organization that unequivocally protects child molesters.

I feel like the response is common sense--putting the offenders in jail and holding churches responsible when they try to shield them. The problem may be that the church has too much power and leverage with legislators. This is something that absolutely can and should be protested. It should be organized by the religious though; no one's going to care if a few thousand atheists rally to condemn the church.
So, you think Christians don't want the offenders prosecuted to the highest extent of the law?

Why would anyone would let their child be alone with a Catholic priest at this point in time? What would you say to your children when they grow up, yeah we saw thousands of instances of child abuse within the Catholic church but thought it couldn't happen at our church? I don't know, how would you explain it? We are with stupid?

Why would anyone would let their child be alone with a Catholic priest at this point in time? What would you say to your children when they grow up, yeah we saw thousands of instances of child abuse within the Catholic church but thought it couldn't happen at our church? I don't know, how would you explain it? We are with stupid?

Agree. It's also happening in Protestant Churches as well. We have to be very careful. Too many of these sickos hide in these type of environments where we tend to put our trust.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
So, you think Christians don't want the offenders prosecuted to the highest extent of the law?

They may want the offenders prosecuted, but it appears very passive. I’m not aware of any boycotts. I’m not aware of any demonstrations demanding change. If anything, Christians are making excuses like “it’s only a small percentage.” That’s bull. It’s happening on a large scale in several major cities around the world, even the current pope’s home country. It’s systemic.

They may want the offenders prosecuted, but it appears very passive. I’m not aware of any boycotts. I’m not aware of any demonstrations demanding change. If anything, Christians are making excuses like “it’s only a small percentage.” That’s bull. It’s happening on a large scale in several major cities around the world, even the current pope’s home country. It’s systemic.

I believe real Christians("Those who Follow God's Word"), wants all Pedos prosecuted. Many still do not understand to what scale this is happening. We have heard a lot about Catholic Priests abusing children over the years and real Christians are not happy at all about this and want it to stop. Hopefully this latest exposure will help more people not just Christians to wake up to what is happening all over the world and demand more to be done.

I guess I didn't realize all Christians are Catholic

I'm boycotting the Catholic Church, does that help?

I believe real Christians("Those who Follow God's Word"), wants all Pedos prosecuted. Many still do not understand to what scale this is happening. We have heard a lot about Catholic Priests abusing children over the years and real Christians are not happy at all about this and want it to stop. Hopefully this latest exposure will help more people not just Christians to wake up to what is happening all over the world and demand more to be done.
If this were any other organization, that organization would be shutdown and broken into a thousand pieces.

I don’t allow my kids alone with any adults right now besides maybe family I trust..... just a couple of years ago, there was a report in the northeast area of the country where 10 sports coaches for youth teams had been caught doing similar things.

Wisconsin Bishop Decries ‘Homosexual Subculture Within the Hierarchy of the Catholic Church’

“It is time to admit that there is a homosexual subculture within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church that is wreaking great devastation in the vineyard of the Lord,” writes Madison Bishop Robert C. Morlino on Saturday in a sharply worded letter to the faithful.

“For too long we have diminished the reality of sin — we have refused to call a sin a sin — and we have excused sin in the name of a mistaken notion of mercy,” the bishop writes in the Catholic Herald.

To be clear, in the specific situations at hand, “we are talking about deviant sexual — almost exclusively homosexual — acts by clerics,” he states, referring to a recent reportfrom a Pennsylvania grand jury as well as scandals involving a Honduran seminary, Chilean clergy and bishops, and a prominent U.S. cardinal.

“We’re also talking about homosexual propositions and abuses against seminarians and young priests by powerful priests, bishops, and cardinals,” Bishop Morlino writes. “We are talking about acts and actions which are not only in violation of the sacred promises made by some, in short, sacrilege, but also are in violation of the natural moral law for all.”

“To call it anything else would be deceitful and would only ignore the problem further,” he writes.

The bishop also addresses disingenuous attempts by LGBT activists as well as mainstream media to diminish the homosexual nature of the vast majority of clerical sex abuse.

“There has been a great deal of effort to keep separate acts which fall under the category of now-culturally-acceptable acts of homosexuality from the publically-deplorable acts of pedophilia,” he states.

“That is to say, until recently the problems of the Church have been painted purely as problems of pedophilia — this despite clear evidence to the contrary,” he adds.

Maybe this man should be Pope.

MORE HERE:

Wisconsin Bishop Decries ‘Homosexual Subculture' in the Church | Breitbart

If this were any other organization, that organization would be shutdown and broken into a thousand pieces.

Think of the outrage when Target announced genders could use the bathroom based on how they self-identified. The outrage caused a huge boycott that impacted the stock price. The potential for even one child being abused was not acceptable. When faced with systemic cover-ups regarding hundreds, maybe thousands, of children... crickets.

Think of the outrage when Target announced genders could use the bathroom based on how they self-identified. The outrage caused a huge boycott that impacted the stock price. The potential for even one child being abused was not acceptable. When faced with systemic cover-ups regarding hundreds, maybe thousands, of children... crickets.

The Catholic church has more money than Target. Besides, who boycotts a church? Catholics aren't going to just leave their religion over this. They may leave their particular place of worship if something has or has been assumed to have happened, but they won't leave the Catholic church.

The Catholic church has more money than Target. Besides, who boycotts a church? Catholics aren't going to just leave their religion over this. They may leave their particular place of worship if something has or has been assumed to have happened, but they won't leave the Catholic church.

Uh, someone who thinks that the organization systematically protecting predators from justice may not be the most qualified to speak for God--which should be everyone.

Uh, someone who thinks that the organization systematically protecting predators from justice may not be the most qualified to speak for God--which should be everyone.

Like it or not, when it comes to religious belief, especially those held by someone their whole life, there is no amount of reason, rationality, or public pressure that will get them to just change course. When one believes they have the answer to eternal truth and salvation, anything can be rationalized. It’s disgusting, but I’m sure there are some Catholics that believe proper penance and renouncement of sins is enough. Not all, of course, but some.

If it had been a daycare center they would have been shut down, everything confiscated and all the owners sent to jail for an extensive period of time. I think thats what he means, the church just pulls their pants up and starts the process over again.

If it had been a daycare center they would have been shut down, everything confiscated and all the owners sent to jail for an extensive period of time. I think thats what he means, the church just pulls their pants up and starts the process over again.

It’s easy when you are an extremely wealthy organization and see yourself only accountable to God.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Like it or not, when it comes to religious belief, especially those held by someone their whole life, there is no amount of reason, rationality, or public pressure that will get them to just change course. When one believes they have the answer to eternal truth and salvation, anything can be rationalized. It’s disgusting, but I’m sure there are some Catholics that believe proper penance and renouncement of sins is enough. Not all, of course, but some.
The church has actually course corrected many times. This will be interesting to watch.

Reactions: rjd970

VN Store

Back