Is Tennessee a "sleeping giant?"

Brave Volunteer

At this point do you see this program as a "sleeping giant" just waiting to explode back into relativity or do you think this will be a long and arduous re building process (4+ years)?

I think we're slowly waking from a self induced coma and we won't have our eyes fully open until 2015.

Reactions: 41 people
Yes, we have all the resources needed to be a top 10 program year in and year out. Just need the right coach.

Reactions: 8 people
We are what we want to be. Butch has gotten us believing instead of doubting and with that neck up kind of thinking it's only a matter of time.

The recruits we currently have are placing a spark within our current players and fan base. There is no mistake, Tennessee will make it rain orange again, soon than later!

Reactions: 6 people
I believe we turn some heads and have a few upsets this year. People are putting too much stock in believing whorely isn't serviceable. I say we take big strides in year one.

Reactions: 14 people
I think we're slowly waking from a self induced coma and we won't have our eyes fully open until 2015.

Self-induced? I would propose that we were put into a coma starting with Kiffin and Hamilton. We may have drug it out longer than necessary, though... :)

Reactions: 3 people
I think we upset either South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. Any of these would give us momentum and I believe we can be relevant again in year 2.

Reactions: 4 people
No but they could be dangerous. I think they get someone they are not suppose to. As close as SC, Florida and Gerogia are in talent, Vols could have a say in in who goes to the ATL

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking maybe year 3 now. We lose most of the offensive line after this year. We need some big un's up front.

I agree with this post. But I also think we will see a lot of things happen on the field that will make us happy and also make the wait less painful.

It is gonna be a fun ride back to the top.

Reactions: 1 person

By the 2015 season, we will be in an established offensive & defensive system. We will have a couple of experienced q.b.'s. We will have two stud running backs. Hurd and another, yet to be determined stud running back.

We will have a good line up of six receivers. A good, young group of sophomore offensive linemen. A good, young group of sophomore defensive linemen. Faster defensive backs and some stud linebackers.

By 2015, the current strong S.E.C. teams, Alabama, A & M, etc. should have taken a step or two backwards. Then we will rise to the top of the S.E.C.

At that time, whomever wins the U.T. vs. Florida game will likely be the S.E.C. champ and head to a BCS bowl game.

Self-induced? I would propose that we were put into a coma starting with Kiffin and Hamilton. We may have drug it out longer than necessary, though... :)

put into a self-induced coma...doctor gave us the wrong medicine (kiffin, which then got us dooley) that put us in a deeper sleep

I don't think it's 4+, but I also don't think it'll be immediate. I say 2-3 years

The answer is yes. With our history of winning and producing NFL talent for decades anyone who thinks we aren't is just looking for an argument. I've had Bama fans tell me we're nothing but a sleeping giant right now. We just have way too much history and resources to not wake up. We have the resources to be a Top 10 program annually.

VN Store

Back