Is Rocky Top out dated?

Rocky Top is forever.

End of story

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when I saw Haskel Stanback run the opening kickoff back for a TD against Penn State, in a Big Orange victory. Rocky Top wasn't played then and the crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

45021-will-ferrell-kristen-wiig-you-yd3a.gif

ferrell_other_guys_nope.gif

Reactions: 6 people
I think the OP was simply trying to get this place whipped into a frenzy.

Mission accomplished.

Reactions: 1 person
Somebody is trying too hard to start a thread. And while were at it let's change the name of the stadium to Crackerbox stadium. Hey who needs the Volunteers? Let's change it to the TN hillbillies. OP, could not be that stupid.:crazy:

does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when i saw haskel stanback run the opening kickoff back for a td against penn state, in a big orange victory. Rocky top wasn't played then and the crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

ralph.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when I saw Haskel Stanback run the opening kickoff back for a TD against Penn State, in a Big Orange victory. Rocky Top wasn't played then and the crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

1nyQtOV.gif

Reactions: 27 people

Is "The Star Spangled Banner" outdated? What about your mother, hotdogs and apple pie? Would you relegate those to the dust bins of history? Have you no pride, Sir?

Reactions: 5 people

Go put on some Georgia Florida Line and please STFU

It's my 3 year old son's favorite song. He loves watching videos on YouTube of the Osborn Brothers performing it as well as TN football clips in which it is played. When he sees the power T he will start singing Rocky Top.

I don't think there is a problem with it connecting with the youth.

This is what the op did to everyone before me.

Attachments

• Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.jpg
    Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 2 people
This is why some get upset over things like 3rd down for what.
The players get to enjoy newer and hyped up music and still choose to sing Rocky Top
after a great win. I enjoy things like Lil Jon, here and there but never as an "instead of."

Think about what you are saying,
Imagine picking your fight song based off pop culture.
We could be stuck singing the Bee Gees or Vanilla Ice right now.
(I just threw up in my mouth a little)

My only response to this is I seriously wonder if this is something you posted just to get a laugh or if you truly believe it would be a good idea to try and reinvent Tennessee football which is one of the most historical, tradition rich programs in the entire world?

There are not many programs on this planet in any sport that can claim the history and tradition we can. We are not in a league of our own, but it is a pretty exclusive club.

Unless at some point in the future Rocky Top becomes a racial slang word used to diss on mountain dwarves. It is safe to say rocky top will never go away.

VN Store

Back