Is Mullen more attractive to recruits?

Achilles

Let's be unbiased. Do you guys really think Pruitt's going to be more attractive to a recruit vs. Mullen?

It's obvious he can't hold a candle vs. Saban or Smart but now we have to compete with Mullen too.

I see Georgia and Florida out recruiting us year after year.

Let's be unbiased. Do you guys really think Pruitt's going to be more attractive to a recruit vs. Mullen?

It's obvious he can't hold a candle vs. Saban or Smart but now we have to compete with Mullen too.

UGA will easily out recruit us this year simply due to stability and the run they are having.

Mullen looks better in Jorts.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Mullen doesn't love to recruit. He did OK at MSU. But if you look at his tenure there, he was much better at player development than recruiting.

Pruitt has proven that he knows how to recruit, and he’s been working under the head coach who understands recruiting as well as anyone in the country. Color me not worried.

Reactions: 4 people
The reputation our fan base has is well deserved. Incredible.

Reactions: 12 people

When has Mullen ever been considered a great recruiter? Not these last 9 seasons, and I don’t remember him being regarded as such at Florida. He’ll do fine because it’s Florida, but I don’t have any dreading sense of foreboding.

Some people dig a slick head. Some prefer a full head of hair. You can't account for taste. I prefer blondes, so neither is attractive to me. But what do I know about today's generation.

so you start with a question, implying you don't know the answer, and yet draw a conclusion that everybody will be better than us.

sounds like you've already convinced yourself what the answer is.

Reactions: 3 people
It doesn't matter, Florida will have top classes, Tennessee will have top classes. The question will become, is Mullen a better coach than Pruitt? As of now there's no logical way to think any differently than that he is a better coach because no one has any idea how Pruitt will be as a coach.

Recruits signed up to play for Butch Jones and Derek Dooley. I think Pruitt will be fine recruiting wise.

Ha! Touché. However, would they have chose them over Smart or Mullen or were they just not recruited by them because they weren't good enough...

It's obvious he can't hold a candle vs. Saban or Smart
but now we have to compete with Mullen too.

Care to explain why you think he can't hold a candle to Smart? He's in the exact same position Smart was in 2 years ago.

Do we want recruits who find Mullen attractive? Just asking........

giphy.gif

Is there something wrong with that...

Care to explain why you think he can't hold a candle to Smart? He's in the exact same position Smart was in 2 years ago.

Not really... If you add the years up, he only coached under Saban for 2 years vs Smart's 6 years. I would say that's a substantial difference.

It doesn't matter, Florida will have top classes, Tennessee will have top classes. The question will become, is Mullen a better coach than Pruitt? As of now there's no logical way to think any differently than that he is a better coach because no one has any idea how Pruitt will be as a coach.

True... I guess Butch was able to recruit top classes. But we do have to consider, "at first", he was able to talk the talk and that attracted A LOT of recruits. He just sucked once he got those recruits in Tennessee uniforms lol.

Can Pruitt talk the talk? I'm confident he's by far a better "coach" than Butch.

Not really... If you add the years up, he only coached under Saban for 2 years vs Smart's 6 years. I would say that's a substantial difference.

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1997 Alabama (GA)
1998 Plainview HS (DB)
1999 West Alabama (DB)
2000 Plainview HS (DC)
2001–2003 Fort Payne HS (Assistant)
2004 Hoover HS (DB)
2005–2006 Hoover HS (DC/DB)
2007–2009 Alabama (DPD)
2010–2012 Alabama (DB)
2013 Florida State (DC/DB)
2014–2015 Georgia (DC/DB)