Is Huepel bad at recruiting?

mattdingus2002

It’s the major knock on him that we heard when he came here from UCF, that his recruiting classes kept getting worse and he continued to look for diamonds in the rough that just weren’t there. I’m not trying to be reactionary but with the resources we have this shouldn’t be happening. Butch was able to put together better classes without NIL and much less success. What are y’all’s thoughts?

It’s the major knock on him that we heard when he came here from UCF, that his recruiting classes kept getting worse and he continued to look for diamonds in the rough that just weren’t there. I’m not trying to be reactionary but with the resources we have this shouldn’t be happening. Butch was able to put together better classes without NIL and much less success. What are y’all’s thoughts?
Stop

He certainly isn’t elite

OIP.AEXK_1wBfgfkRFoqWA87_gAAAA

No, I think he personally is a much better recruiter than I thought he would be.

When we get quotes or see videos from recruits talking about Heup. It’s very positive. He really connects with the kids, he’s a former player, he’s got a humble down to earth vibe(helps with parents), very honest and sincere.. but also has a quiet confidence and swagger and is ULTRA Competitive… all this works well in recruiting.

So for me it’s not his abilities as a recruiter I think he’s good there. I think it’s more mindset or approach to the type of kids he recruits.

He’s very selective about not immediately pursue the blue chippers, only hones in on a select few. I also think he over estimates his ability to develop, I know he is a great developer of offensive talent.

He just needs to be more aggressive on recruiting.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Question for a few years out. I like to see how classes turn out 4 or 5 years after signed.

Check 2009 class for how bad it turned out.

This staff recruits well enough to win 9 games a season. With the occasional 10 win season mixed in.

But not well enough to ever become elite.

Considering where we’ve been since idk the last 20 years, we should all be good with that., I guess.

This staff recruits well enough to win 9 games a season. With the occasional 10 win season mixed in.

But not well enough to ever become elite.

Considering where we’ve been since idk the last 20 years, we should all be good with that., I guess.
And remember last seasons 11-2 record largely happened because Pruitt recruits

Reactions: UTvols#1
Do you guys like 7-5 and 8-4 ? That’s the type of recruiting results that these classes are gonna produce. Certainly not playoff caliber

VN Store

Back