Is Hendon Hooker still a Heisman contender?

For Hendon to win it, he has to put up video game numbers the last 3 games (very possible), and hope for Stroud to struggle a bit and for Bo Nix, Drake Maye, and Caleb Williams to not set the world on fire while winning out. It's not all that probable for him to win it, but I think he will end up in NYC. I'm sure he's trade a heisman for a shot at the playoffs.

He was already behind in some stats and now has one less game than others (Bennett, Stroud) as I think ballots are due in Monday after conference championships. If we score 50+ on the next three opponents he may still have a shot, which we very well could do.

Reactions: murfvol1
Wikipedia: "Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work."

As was stated above, if HH puts up some impressive numbers in the last three games, that checks off the perseverance criterion. IMHO, you have to run the full gauntlet and survive some loss to say you persevered. The other qualifiers are already booked.

I thought that the single-handed, overall value to team success carried weight, but I see no reference to that.

Regardless, the answer to this thread question is heck yeah!

yes, but it will be difficult as he no longer has a big stage game to shine in

Depends on how JH wants to go. Next three games may be blow-aways where we see a lot of Milton, limiting HH in stat building.

I don't see more than 20% chance for HH. Stroud has a Mich game and a playoff to pad his stats in front of national audience.

They were always going to give it to Stroud. If he beats Michigan there’s zero way Hooker gets it. It’s always been an irrelevant award. They flat out decided not to give it to Manning when there was no one more deserving of it.
Sad but true, DC. Heist-man trophy=the fix is in.

Yes, but both he and team will be best served running the score up on every remaining opponent. JMO

He may be invited to the show, but he won't win after the Georgia game...

But..... I never thought he would win even if we had beaten Georgia...

Now before you pull out the pitch forks, that statement has absolutely nothing to do with Hendon Hooker and everything to do with "The Hypesman" being nothing more than a political sh!t show. With its purpose being no more than a vehicle to sell AFLAC insurance, tampons and the latest psoriatic arthritis medicine...

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Surely one bad game doesn't ruin his chances completely.
I think the GA game took out both Hooker and Hyatt from their respective post season awards considerations. They might have given it to Hyatt, but Hooker was never going to get the nod in that award.

Reactions: TartanTurff
Not playing the extra conference championship game isn‘t ideal, especially since it’s the last thing voters will see before submitting ballots. But if HH puts up big numbers these last three games and neither Stroud or the TCU QB go ham in their remaining schedule, including championship games, it’s gonna be close.

Not playing the extra conference championship game isn‘t ideal, especially since it’s the last thing voters will see before submitting ballots. But if HH puts up big numbers these last three games and neither Stroud or the TCU QB go ham in their remaining schedule, including championship games, it’s gonna be close.
Most vote before the conference championship so it wouldn’t matter anyways. You should consider the Heisman as seriously as the Heisman voters do; it’s a political, joke award.

Reactions: ttocswob and 17Vols

VN Store

Back