Is Hart going to do a Dooley

I really don't see a 19-15 record in basketball as being much better than a football record of 5-7. The tied for second place in the SEC his first year appears to be fools gold to me. Neither CM nor BJ started with a lot of talent. If BJ is performing as bad as CM is performing in his third year, he will be feeling the heat too.

Reactions: 1 person
He will not be fired regardless of tourney appearance or not. TB is not empty, recruiting is good to ok, and he has a winning record and a hell of buyout. Not what I want but it will be Cuonzo for at least a year. No guarantees he is fired after that unless he tanks bad next year.

He will not be fired regardless of tourney appearance or not. TB is not empty, recruiting is good to ok, and he has a winning record and a hell of buyout. Not what I want but it will be Cuonzo for at least a year. No guarantees he is fired after that unless he tanks bad next year.
So do you give him an extension this year? Without one he will be dangling in the wind with recruits. I beleive this is the year AD must decide to fish or cut bait.

Reactions: 1 person
To me, this is the year of decision. If he stays and does not get a contract extension, the ability to recruit will be gone. If you give him an extension, then UT will gamble on an even larger buyout.

What has he done to merit a contract extension?

Even IF that's the case, Hart got Butch and that seems to be working out just fine doesn't it?

My signature is outdated and I actually learned to trust Hart...just don't know how to edit my sig LOL

no need to change it yet,he backed into to hiring CBJ,or so it seemed to me,time will tell if he is any good or not and isn't he suppose to be a basketball guy?

he did play basketball,i forget where at,so who knows what if anything he will change for CCM,it may well be a money thing for him not to have to make a change with CCM

Last edited:
I really don't see a 19-15 record in basketball as being much better than a football record of 5-7. The tied for second place in the SEC his first year appears to be fools gold to me. Neither CM nor BJ started with a lot of talent. If BJ is performing as bad as CM is performing in his third year, he will be feeling the heat too.

I honestly think CBJ should be given a full 5 years and quit changing coaches all the time and yes,I know a lot of what set it off was CLK leaving like he did,CCM biggest problem is he is following CBP

He'll probably get another year. Not that I think he should

CCM is a fine man. But he simply cannot keep these kids emotionally elevated. Bruce kept his teams ready, able, and willing to fight. All I have to say.

I was for firing CCM last year and still am. He has done a very good job recruiting and a terrible job coaching. There is no excuse that this team is not a top 25 team with the talent it has. I say let Martin go while we have the talent to bring in a good coach that can put us in the sweet 16 next year.

I do understand the firing of CCM,but will it happen or will Hart let him go to the end of his contract ? to be honest i don't know what kind of money Hart will have to spend on firing him and bringing in another coach,that is probably what should be asked

Tennessee will lose more money from the loss of ticket sales than the cost of getting new coach. if Martin stays one more year, how will he be able to recruit with only one year left on his contract?

Tennessee will lose more money from the loss of ticket sales than the cost of getting new coach. if Martin stays one more year, how will he be able to recruit with only one year left on his contract?

▲▲This ▲▲

I do understand that and I agree,but will Hart do it ?

I should add if that is what UT wants to do also,I pretty much well know what the fans want
and no CBP isn't going to stage a come back at UT
there might be a coach search coming up and that is a maybe

Last edited:

This has been my question to people. They say the AD can't afford to fire him, why?

His buyout is around $1.5 million iirc

Ticket sales have gone from 16k in his first year to, this is generous, maybe 13k next year. So 3k tickets a game, we play what, 18 home games? Average face value of those tickets is probably $30, so that comes out to $1.6 million in itself. Add in concessions lost, the high money rollers who say they're giving up their $30k boxes and you're looking at probably looking at close to $5 million lost.

I think with all the coaching attrition they are going to force CCM to fire him. UT probably limps into the tourney this year if they manage to keep their RPI respectable. My biggest problem with CCM is that I don't think he really understands the job. I saw some post that said he didn't really see the difference in coaching here vs. at a lower level. That is a major problem if true.

I think there will be a lot of coaches licking their chops to get the UT gig. It is a great platform for success, which few SEC schools offer. Bruce showed the potential. The NCAA stuff is a distant memory. When you look at the facilities and just how easy it is to win in this conference, it's a no brainer. Hopefully Hart realizes this.

VN Store

Back