Is Georgia Cheating

WiseOlVol

Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always, always cheat

Idk whether or not they're cheating, but I will say that I've noticed that we seem to have more total 5 star propects in the last several years (especially if you dont do a composite and just take every 5 star from each major ranking site). Could have something to do with it and even if it doesn't, I figured it was worth throwing it out there. That being said, competing for national championships often brings in recruits, so thats the obvious answer. The cynic in me believes that everyone cheats on the recruiting trail, the difference is only in degree.

Reactions: billford
Georgia has had one losing season, 6-7, in 20+ years. They are a good football team year in and year out so it shouldn't come as a surprise that when they get some good recruiters they land some top talent.

Georgia went to OT in the NC game in Smart's second year. Recruits probably see that it is a winning program AND a pipeline to the NFL. Not only is Georgia a hotbed for recruiting, but I think there's a big difference between living in Athens and all the best players suddenly wanting to move to Oxford MS.

Georgia's just doing everything right at the moment. Can't blame 18 year olds for wanting to go there.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Of course UGA is cheating. So is Alabama, and Auburn, and LSU, and Florida, and brace yourself, so is Tennessee. That's how the recruiting game works. Some are better at it than others.
LSU is not cheating. They are a fine institution with a fine, competant leader in farmer Fran.

We do not need LSU to mess around and be good right now too.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think Cowherd's relevancy is what's at stake. He spews this stuff about the SEC all the time without really saying anything.

Your definition of harmless is coming into Neyland and whipping the dog crap out of us 41-0? Interesting.

This shortsighted response was anticipated.
Historically, UGA is harmless.
[Beating a 4-8 team that quit after Florida is not worth much.]

Cowherd is always accusing SEC of cheating yet one of college football's biggest cheaters in there in his home base.........

Why is anyone shocked that UGA is lighting it up in recruiting? UGA has some of the most talent I have ever seen in my life and I am not even talking about football. Now onto football. They are the flavor of the year. Every year a new team seems to come in and have a great season and smoke it in recruiting. Then you add the instate FB talent on top of it. That is the main reason the fans and boosters went head hunting on Richt. They knew they were and should be loaded yearly. They just couldn't get over the hump though.

This shortsighted response was anticipated.
Historically, UGA is harmless.
[Beating a 4-8 team that quit after Florida is not worth much.]

Short sighted? In the last 18 years, Richt had GA at 9 10+ win seasons, 2 SEC Championships, and 4 SECe division titles. Smart in his second year took GA to the CFNCG, with an SEC title.

That's a short-sighted view of a harmless opponent? So we have to go back 20+ years for a valid long-sighted view of Georgia?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Georgia is pretty easy to recruit. I've said it for a long time, but in terms of 'natural recruiting advantages', I'd rank LSU as #1 and Georgia as #2 in all of college football. Loads of talent in Georgia and their major in-state rival, Georgia Tech, can't even compete for a lot of the guys because of their academic standards + technical focus. Sure, Georgia has to deal with every other SEC school raiding the state, but they still get the lion's share of the talent in GA.

Reactions: Remy
Why is anyone shocked that UGA is lighting it up in recruiting? UGA has some of the most talent I have ever seen in my life and I am not even talking about football. Now onto football. They are the flavor of the year. Every year a new team seems to come in and have a great season and smoke it in recruiting. Then you add the instate FB talent on top of it. That is the main reason the fans and boosters went head hunting on Richt. They knew they were and should be loaded yearly. They just couldn't get over the hump though.
Anytime any other program is recruiting at a very high level, the only explanation is that they are cheating more than everyone else lol

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back