Is Eric Berry still going to change to #10?

No I didn't smart:shaking2:but anyone could've thrown a better pass.He had a wide open receiver and he threw it in triple coverage.Was I the only one to see that?

All QB's mess up. Here's an idea though, I mean...you played football, so you should understand this. The view from above, you know...the one we get from the stands and TV, looks a lot different than the view from a guy standing 5 yards behind the line. He's got 9-10 linemen in front of him, all just a couple inches shorter than he is. He then has a few linebackers, 4 wideouts, a RB, and a host of DB's running around in front of him. His view looks a little different. While making his progressions, maybe he missed the open receiver, or else he wasn't open at the time. Who knows?

All I know, is to call a guy who won us a lot of games a "bum" is a going too far. You can criticize a players performance sometimes, but I don't take much stock in "fans" that think badmouthing our players is an acceptable thing to do. God knows what you armchair QB's said about Peyton when he made a mistake.

All QB's mess up. Here's an idea though, I mean...you played football, so you should understand this. The view from above, you know...the one we get from the stands and TV, looks a lot different than the view from a guy standing 5 yards behind the line. He's got 9-10 linemen in front of him, all just a couple inches shorter than he is. He then has a few linebackers, 4 wideouts, a RB, and a host of DB's running around in front of him. His view looks a little different. While making his progressions, maybe he missed the open receiver, or else he wasn't open at the time. Who knows?

All I know, is to call a guy who won us a lot of games a "bum" is a going too far. You can criticize a players performance sometimes, but I don't take much stock in "fans" that think badmouthing our players is an acceptable thing to do. God knows what you armchair QB's said about Peyton when he made a mistake.
Comparing EA to PM is like comparing apples to oranges

You EA homers are funny.Don't get you're panties in a wad.He is 6'5" you would think he would've seen the open man.Geeeezzzz!!!!!!

I'm in no way an EA homer.

I just laugh at idiots that say "Hell I could have made a better throw because I played football in high school"

Oh really? Where is your scholarship then?

Fact is Ainge had a odd career here at Tennessee. His last two years were pretty damn good. Was he a perfect QB? Hell no. His happy feet pissed me off. His sophomore year pissed me off.

But overall, he had a pretty good career here. To dismiss all he did because of one interception is extremely stupid and shortsighted.

Maybe we should just get robots to play football. That way there are no mistakes. Human error is what makes college football what it is. S**t happens, but I guess only some of us can stop obsessing about one pass almost 2 months ago.

I just laugh at idiots that say "Hell I could have made a better throw because I played football in high school"

Fact is Ainge had a odd career here at Tennessee. His last two years were pretty damn good. Was he a perfect QB? Hell no. His happy feet pissed me off.

But overall, he had a pretty good career here. To dismiss all he did because of one interception is extremely stupid and shortsighted.

Exactly. He had faults, but in no way was he some awful bust.

and you guys who bash former UT players are sad
And just because I'm a UT fan doesn't mean I have to like every player.Last time I check they havent passed a law on The Hill saying to be a UT fan you can't comment on crappy performance by our players.

Fact is Ainge had a odd career here at Tennessee. His last two years were pretty damn good. Was he a perfect QB? Hell no. His happy feet pissed me off. His sophomore year pissed me off.

opinions are like :shaking2:holes

But it makes you more credible if you also give credit for good performance, which EA had plenty of. He carried the team at least half the year.

Has this thread gotten off topic or what?

But it makes you more credible if you also give credit for good performance, which EA had plenty of. He carried the team at least half the year.

Has this thread gotten off topic or what?
I'll admit it ok.The man put up some great numbers this year.But I can't help it if I'm still stewing over that loss.

We all are, and that was a horrible throw. We also had some horrible coverage, and some horrible running.

I'll admit it ok.The man put up some great numbers this year.But I can't help it if I'm still stewing over that loss.

God forbid the kicker that missed two field goals share any of the blame or the fact that Tennessee had a piss poor running attack that game.

Don't worry about it TENNFOLD1974. utvolpj and justingroves are tag teamers that love to bust on new posters. Some of the guys that have posted here a while think they are the experts on UT sports and are against free expression. Some of them seem to live just to argue (utvolpj).

I wouldn't worry about it.

You have a right to your opinion. We all do.

Don't worry about it TENNFOLD1974. utvolpj and justingroves are tag teamers that love to bust on new posters. Some of the guys that have posted here a while think they are the experts on UT sports and are against free expression. Some of them seem to live just to argue (utvolpj).

Nobody said he didn't have a right to his opinion.

I just find it laughable that the old "I played high school football and I could make a better throw" came out.

You've said it a few times with no proof. If people want to throw out ignorant statements that call out UT players I will comment. You are one who thinks that you should be able to post any idea without anyone disagreeing. Have your opinion but be prepared to be challenged on it when it's stupid.

You've said it a few times with no proof. If people want to throw out ignorant statements that call out UT players I will comment. You are one who thinks that you should be able to post any idea without anyone disagreeing. Have your opinion but be prepared to be challenged on it when it's stupid.

Disagreeing is one thing. Seems to me you do more than just disagree. It's more like an arrogant attack. I've seen you do it with several people on here including me. Your post here is a fine example of that.

so what you're saying is EA didn't play as well as he could? I would like to see your evidence

Well, there's that Int at the end of the game. He missed 3 wide open guys. I know this and my relative knows because he went to the SEC championship game.

VN Store

Back