Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

So beating a team by 35 points as the 5th team in the nation, most likely 4th now, is getting old?

Maybe we can hire Cuonzo Martin back to make the year more exciting. Be on the bubble the whole time and just hope to hear your name on selection Sunday

Why would one hate Barnes? If UT is winning, then someone who has been critical would likely not be frustrated because the team and coaches are doing what they should. We already know this team can win it all and it has been discussed in this forum so the team should go do just that. However, it is odd that people want not to have to play this or that team in the tourney according to threads here. They are afraid. Hopefully, the team will refuse to be scared like some here and not be able only to say they played for a great coach, but that their team did it all.

We need to be intense all the time and when there is a falloff, the team needs to fight back hard. It's like the later 90s football teams. There was a lot of frustration because we knew it could be done and stupid losses to teams like florida, who was much better in that sport than teams like suc, the bammers, and a&p are in bball this year, were very frustrating, again because we should have won more than that one Florida game. Some may argue, but people were not ok with getting beat by florida and anyone who paid just a little attention to football around here knows that it was not ok to be losing.

There are just some who show improper reverence according to the nut huggers, though. The biggest thing for them is about the coach and not the championship. If the team goes out in the tourney, they will jump back on their "he's the best we'll ever have" train and forget the present bragging about how they knew all the time we were going to be doing well now even thought they complain about those who want to win it all.

Why would one hate Barnes? If UT is winning, then someone who has been critical would likely not be frustrated because the team and coaches are doing what they should. We already know this team can win it all and it has been discussed in this forum so the team should go do just that. However, it is odd that people want not to have to play this or that team in the tourney according to threads here. They are afraid. Hopefully, the team will refuse to be scared like some here and not be able only to say they played for a great coach, but that their team did it all.

We need to be intense all the time and when there is a falloff, the team needs to fight back hard. It's like the later 90s football teams. There was a lot of frustration because we knew it could be done and stupid losses to teams like florida, who was much better in that sport than teams like suc, the bammers, and a&p are in bball this year, were very frustrating, again because we should have won more than that one Florida game. Some may argue, but people were not ok with getting beat by florida and anyone who paid just a little attention to football around here knows that it was not ok to be losing.

There are just some who show improper reverence according to the nut huggers, though. The biggest thing for them is about the coach and not the championship. If the team goes out in the tourney, they will jump back on their "he's the best we'll ever have" train and forget the present bragging about how they knew all the time we were going to be doing well now even thought they complain about those who want to win it all.

Lots of fiction in that last paragraph. The “nut huggers” understand that TN is as close to a FF as it’s ever been and the program is borderline elite. Everybody wants to win it all. The Legions of the Miserable don’t have a monopoly on that desire.

Lots of fiction in that last paragraph. The “nut huggers” understand that TN is as close to a FF as it’s ever been and the program is borderline elite. Everybody wants to win it all. The Legions of the Miserable don’t have a monopoly on that desire.

There are no miserables except the huggers. You do not see people who were unpleased with 3 dumb losses (and you can have one of them as a "nobody is perfert") because the team is doing what it needs to do.

The huggers are the miserables. Those who want to win it all are in fine shape becasue our team is playing and winning games like was expected. Go ahead and act like the huggers were just as much into into winning games than defending their leader while the team was losing stupid games. Join the participation trophy crowd. You can act like a team or 2 that beat us in those stupid games and who may make the tourney are great. They are not anywhere near as good as UT.

Would love our present coach to still be the coach when we win it all because that is sooner rather than later.

There are no miserables except the huggers. You do not see people who were unpleased with 3 dumb losses (and you can have one of them as a "nobody is perfert") because the team is doing what it needs to do.

The huggers are the miserables. Those who want to win it all are in fine shape becasue our team is playing and winning games like was expected. Go ahead and act like the huggers were just as much into into winning games than defending their leader while the team was losing stupid games. Join the participation trophy crowd. You can act like a team or 2 that beat us in those stupid games and who may make the tourney are great. They are not anywhere near as good as UT.

Would love our present coach to still be the coach when we win it all because that is sooner rather than later.

So the chronic, idiot whiners are the only real fans? God help us.

YEP, somebody does not understand the difference between reverence and respect. Bet they demand more than they give. 800 wins is what it is. A mix of Bad execution, bad bounces, bad officials, or exceptional effort or luck by the opposition can end up in losses.

BETTER teams fall prey to these things every day, upsets by any definition are therefore not uncommon. I have yet to see our guys fall due to lack of character or effort. Some fans feature lack of character and want to justify it with extra effort demeaning MY staff and squad. Part of the EVERY TEAM HAS THEM fans. Just the way it is.

Self inflicted loss of credibility is ALWAYS way more stupid than losing an athletic event against real competition.

Absolutely. Those three losses were normal. Forget that maybe only one of them should’ve been a loss because that does happen as described in your comment.

For those who are not intelligent, I was too lazy to put the comments in the last paragraph in blue. Do some kind of comment on laziness now for us and … Keep on hanging dudes.

Troll = guy who slobs over an opposing coach who 1) Barnes has beaten three times in a row and 2) has an ncaa tournament winning percentage that virtually mirrors Barnes ncaa tournament winning percentage. Don’t feed him, folks.

Huge win tonight. Being one of the SEC’s best teams season after season and winning big games against ranked teams on the road hasn’t gotten old. Anyone who isn’t pleased with the job our hall of fame coach is doing is a know nothing.

Last edited:
I'm great with this game. We did not lose to a team we should beat and we beat them twice in a season. I hope there (sp) is more of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: foolonthehill
I don’t know why he’s hated to begin with. What he’s done for this program is incredible. I guess that’s your problem.
I dont hate him…I said the so called hate...he has done fine…very little hardware to show for it and no banners for all the love though. Oats sucks and has more hardware in less time at a school that is historically inferior to us in basketball.

I dont hate him…I said the so called hate...he has done fine…very little hardware to show for it and no banners for all the love though. Oats sucks and has more hardware in less time at a school that is historically inferior to us in basketball.
That’s a great outlook.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back