Iran deal unlikely: what's next?

Iran talks: Obama puts chances of a deal at 50-50 - CNNPolitics.com

Obama says it is unlikely a deal will be reached because of the inspection issues and as Iran has put new conditions in about the arms embargo.

Assuming it fails, does this green light a preemptive Israeli military strike? Does the US participate in that?

The deal will fail, just as everything with Obama's presidency has been a failure. Will Israel strike, no. Why? They still rely on our aid and support, Israel will not attack without our blessings.

But hell who knows, maybe WW III is Obama's parting gift to us.

Let 'em fight if they must. Let's sit back and save some money/lives and stockpile armaments - just in case.

Got some good sources in the talks? Can you name a single Iranian there?

Zarif

Do I have to know or does it matter what their names are? If you can't see that Iran is basically getting everything they want because we are weak in talks, I dont know what else to tell you. Iran, SA, and UAE have always been known to have excellent negotiators.

Zarif

Do I have to know or does it matter what their names are? If you can't see that Iran is basically getting everything they want because we are weak in talks, I dont know what else to tell you. Iran, SA, and UAE have always been known to have excellent negotiators.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of a Western strategy to cause more regional strife with the intention of letting those people essentially wiping themselves out.

You guys are in a tough spot here. You frequently mock Pelosi ' s comment about passing the ACA to know what's in it, and here we have all these GOP Senators bashing the pending deal without knowing what's in it.

Will be curious to see if you hold them to the same standard. I'm guessing you won't.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys are in a tough spot here. You frequently mock Pelosi ' s comment about passing the ACA to know what's in it, and here we have all these GOP Senators bashing the pending deal without knowing what's in it.

Will be curious to see if you hold them to the same standard. I'm guessing you won't.

You don't have to know what's in a garbage can because it smells bad.

Reactions: 1 person
That's a really good analogy. Good luck on the Bar exam. Hopefully there will not be a lot of questions involving analogies.

about a good analogy as yours comparing the ACA to the Iran deal.

Congress will have 60 days to review the Iran Nuke deal, how many did they have for ACA?

How did you ever pass the bar exam?

That's OK, I don't need to know what was in that exam for you to pass it.

Why?

You didnt.

Depends if they pass it without knowing its contents. How is that being in a tough spot? We aren't scared to call a spade a spade, unlike the pussification of the left.

Reactions: 1 person
Depends if they pass it without knowing its contents. How is that being in a tough spot? We aren't scared to call a spade a spade, unlike the pussification of the left.

It suggests to me that they plan to oppose it simply for political purposes, to just be anti Obama yet again. And without any regard to what's the best path to try to simultaneously prevent Iran from getting nukes, and avoiding Israeli preemptive strike.

That the GOP Senators are putting that aside, to score cheap political points with their base, seems to me to be incredibly irresponsible.

I am perfectly willing to listen to reasonable critique of the deal. It's important that we pause and assess it. The fact that so many are blasting it without knowing it's provisions suggests we are not going to have a real debate, just the usual partisanship, and on an important issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
It suggests to me that they plan to oppose it simply for political purposes, to just be anti Obama yet again. And without any regard to what's the best path to try to simultaneously prevent Iran from getting nukes, and avoiding Israeli preemptive strike.

That the GOP Senators are putting that aside, to score cheap political points with their base, seems to me to be incredibly irresponsible.

I am perfectly willing to listen to reasonable critique of the deal. It's important that we pause and assess it. The fact that so many are blasting it without knowing it's provisions suggests we are not going to have a real debate, just the usual partisanship, and on an important issue.

They are damned if they do and damned if they dont. If the deal is absolute garbage and not in the best interest of the country and stabilization of the area and the GOP strikes it down, it will be because of partisanship. The only way to make you and your ilk happy is to pass it no matter what since its from this administration......you know, the one that has not done, could not do anything wrong. How in the **** you compare this to ACA is beyond me, but actually not very surprising coming from you.

Reactions: 4 people
They are damned if they do and damned if they dont. If the deal is absolute garbage and not in the best interest of the country and stabilization of the area and the GOP strikes it down, it will be because of partisanship. The only way to make you and your ilk happy is to pass it no matter what since its from this administration......you know, the one that has not done, could not do anything wrong. How in the **** you compare this to ACA is beyond me, but actually not very surprising coming from you.

Utterly false. If someone from the GOP read it, consulted with experts, and presented a reasoned argument why it's good or bad (or even better discussed both strengths and weaknesses ) I'd be all ears.

They don't have leadership like that. And it's reckless on something so important.

Utterly false. If someone from the GOP read it, consulted with experts, and presented a reasoned argument why it's good or bad (or even better discussed both strengths and weaknesses ) I'd be all ears.

They don't have leadership like that. And it's reckless on something so important.

Your posting history on here suggest otherwise.

VN Store

Back