Iowa coach's son having surgery before game

Sorry man but you were putting your own agenda into the thread and it didn't deserve it.

Like.

What can I say?

I'm passionate about sports... sports are an outlet for me.

I'd like to see the program be successful. Look at the teams I cheer for... the only teams I cheer for right now that I'd label as good are Tennessee Baseball and the Indiana Pacers. UT basketball and the Tennessee Titans are mediocre. The Astros blow. I just want to see the Vols be good in basketball because right now they're borderline. They're really close to being good but they may have peaked. Idk... I'm just hot headed sometimes. How I am. Probably because sometimes when I post I've been drinking :)

Like.

What can I say?

I'm passionate about sports... sports are an outlet for me.

I'd like to see the program be successful. Look at the teams I cheer for... the only teams I cheer for right now that I'd label as good are Tennessee Baseball and the Indiana Pacers. UT basketball and the Tennessee Titans are mediocre. The Astros blow. I just want to see the Vols be good in basketball because right now they're borderline. They're really close to being good but they may have peaked. Idk... I'm just hot headed sometimes. How I am. Probably because sometimes when I post I've been drinking :)

Same here man. I post with a lot of emotion too and sometimes should wait and not post until I cool down. I've been really frustrated this year as well, I just want my team to be the best and I know that's not realistic but oh well. No hard feelings. Love the passion without that sports would be boring.

Reactions: 1 person
Same here man. I post with a lot of emotion too and sometimes should wait and not post until I cool down. I've been really frustrated this year as well, I just want my team to be the best and I know that's not realistic but oh well. No hard feelings. Love the passion without that sports would be boring.

Welp... with Pearl off the market, I'm all in on Cuonzo. Like I said... I live in Iowa City and my friends are all Hawkeye fans. They give me a hard time for Tennessee and I give them a hard time for the Hawkeyes. I don't wanna lose to Iowa. I hope the best for Fran's son but I'd still like to beat the Hawkeyes. If they win, good for them. This is a time where it would be easier to accept the loss because their team is probably emotional right now. None the less, sports don't matter compared to stuff like that so I won't feel bad if the Vols blow their doors off as long as his son is alright. I doubt Fran will be too upset as long as his son's surgery is successful. That's obviously more important than a game. But at the same time, basketball is an outlet for him. It's why he coaches and why we all love the game.

But yeah... I'm all in for Cuonzo now with Pearl off the market. I want to beat Iowa and I'd love to beat Duke. I've always wanted Tennessee to play Iowa in football or basketball just because all of my friends are Iowa fans. With the game being against Iowa and Pearl being off the market, I'd love nothing more than to win. I would have anyways but I still do think Pearl is a better coach. If Martin proves me wrong, I'll gladly eat crow. I just want to be successful and I thought Pearl gave us a better chance to be. My name used to be the The_Orange_Pearl but when he left, I changed it. I still like him but I'm not gonna be an Auburn fan and I'll always be a Tennessee fan. I'd still like to see him do well but if he doesn't, it's not a big deal. I only care about Tennessee winning(outside of hoping teams I hate lose). Seriously... there are some teams I dislike in sports that I almost enjoy seeing them lose as much as I enjoy seeing my teams win. I still prefer my teams winning and in the end, I only care if my teams win/teams I hate not winning championships.

My brother had surgery on his thyroid years and years ago. I want to say it was removed but is that possible? I'm not sure exactly what they did but his neck was all bandaged up after the surgery. He has to take pills for it now every day. Not the same as having a tumor. At least I don't think my brother had a tumor removed. My mom had a tumor on her lungs because she had lung cancer. It was in a spot where they couldn't remove it and she ended up passing away this past October(the 18th). Hopefully Fran's family and their son have better luck. Life sucks sometimes. I used to pray and believe and God but I'm not sure I do anymore. So, I'm just gonna hope for the best because I know how bad it sucks. My brother had to go to the doctor yesterday because he's been feeling dizzy, getting numbness in his hand and has lost a lot of weight. Now he has to wear something that monitors heart and they said he's lacking in nutrients. So... yesterday was pretty crappy too. I get what Fran's family is going through. Like I said, I hope they have better luck than I have in life. I mean, I was in a car wreck a little over 9 years ago that caused me to lose feeling below the waist and I wear leg braces because of it. It's no wonder I've stopped praying. Sorry to get off topic... the kids is just 13. Hopefully it's successful and he gets to enjoy a long life.

Yes. They can and do remove thyroids. A friend of mine had to have hers removed (I think she underwent some kind of radiation to get rid of the tyhroid though) and she's also on pills for life to replace the thyroid's natural functions.

The good thing is they caught this early. Thyroid problems as a kid can not only be dangerous but they can completely mess up development and growth as well as lead to major future problems. Thoughts are definitely with this kid and his family.

Hope the kid's surgery goes well......... with that being said, and I don't know who all else is thinking it, but what if we lose tonight?

Think about that, having your child go through a surgery like that a few hours before one of the biggest games of your season and all that would be very distracting, even for the players because I'm sure they're probably close to him too.

But if they win, what happens next? That might be a real tough pill to swallow with some fans when it comes to CCM.

Just wanted to mention that Fran sent out a press release that everything went as expected and Patrick is in good spirits. Thanks for all your well wishes. You guys set a great example for how an opposing fanbase should behave. Good luck tonight!

Reactions: 3 people
Just wanted to mention that Fran sent out a press release that everything went as expected and Patrick is in good spirits. Thanks for all your well wishes. You guys set a great example for how an opposing fanbase should behave. Good luck tonight!

Great news.

You too BrewHawk. And glad the procedure went well.

That's awesome news! Thanks for letting us know!

News is not as good as we might hope:

McCaffery updates son’s condition HawkeyeDrive.com HawkeyeDrive.com

“Today, we received word from doctors that the tumor that was removed during our son Patrick’s surgery on Wednesday is malignant. We will visit with doctors as soon as possible to determine Patrick’s treatment.

“Margaret and I would like to thank everyone again for the outpouring of support from across the country for our son Patrick and family this past week. We appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers.”

Definitely not good news. I've tried to find more on it but can't. My thoughts and prayers are with Coach Fran, his son, and family.

BEAT CANCER!

VN Store

Back