Interesting tweet by Schlabach

Let the SEC haters hate... Their words mean nothing.

I really don't care who's in the playoff if it's not Tennessee. I'd prefer it be 4 non sec teams if it's not the Vols. What I am sick of hearing about is SEC teams play a weak OOC schedule. I looked at a few schools OOC games the last 5-10 years and came up with this...

Tennessee (who is down right now) has played Oregon, UCLA, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, NC State, Cal and has Va Tech in 2016 and a home and home with Ohio St set up.

Florida gets the Noles every year.
USCe has an annual game vs Clemson.
Georgia has Ga Tech.
Bama has played WVU, Michigan, and Penn St.
Auburn has played K State, WSU, Clemson and WVU

Granted teams do play cupcakes, James Franklin made Vandy look like world beaters playing cupcakes but this whole they play no one is complete BS.

Reactions: 2 people
He's mocking the SEC bias the CFP poll has. joking that we have no right to be there but are because SEC.

I think you meant to say, he's butthurt that 3 of the best 4 teams in the nation are in the sec. Fair and square

Did anyone else catch it on the show that revealed the list on ESPN that Reece and Kanel was talking about how Alabama should be in top 4 because they blew out Texas A & M and Tennessee. It didn't look like a blowout to me after the first quarter, looked like a good game.

Yes, I caught that. Kanel said that several times. I'm not sure how he has gotten such prominent air time. He is clueless. I do like Reece. He at least tries to play it down the middle....plus the way he eggs on Granny Holz is funny.

they often have trouble grasping that if they had a schedule like MSU or Ole Miss they would be lucky to be .500

Not sure how to take this tweet. I guess he's dogging the playoff selection as it stands.

SIAP

Yes, Alabama lost to Oklahoma in the bowl game last season, but other than that, every time that a non S.E.C. team has called out the S.E.C., they lost.

(1) Last season, some idiot Ohio State player claimed that they could beat Alabama or F.S.U. who were ranked above them. The following weekend, Ohio State lost to Iowa State and then lost the bowl game.

(2) People were saying that the S.E.C. was weak, then Alabama beat the stuffin out of Notre Dame.

(3) People were saying that the S.E.C. was weak, then Alabama beat the stuffin out of Texas.

(4) People were saying that Oregon was too much for the S.E.C., the Auburn beat Oregon at their own game.

People are too dumb to see how good the S.E.C. really is so we just have to continue to beat them and that will make them a believer.

Until then, they will all be jealous and cry foul play or favortism.

Born in Indiana and went to school at Georgia. It's not a homer tweet so I have no idea why he threw us in there. Not sure I agree at this point.

I think he's referring to our schedule. If any team plays our schedule they've got 3 losses!

But according to VN we should be undefeated right now!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Did anyone else catch it on the show that revealed the list on ESPN that Reece and Kanel was talking about how Alabama should be in top 4 because they blew out Texas A & M and Tennessee. It didn't look like a blowout to me after the first quarter, looked like a good game.

One of the reasons that I watch no ESPN commentary shows, only actual games. I have not seem Game Day in about 4 years. Tired of the talking heads that know less about college football than I do. The only thing the SEC Network is good for is games and replays. Everything else is a waste of time.

After the game last week, Mr. Davis said during CFB final and I quote "Alabama won 34-20 but it wasn't that close as Alabama was in control and just took their foot off the gas early after going up 27-0."

Eh.. Mark who?

I enjoy the SEC's continued dominance, even if it's a team such as bama or UF, simply because it adds so much more weight to a true playoff.. not some committee picking favorites.

VN Store

Back