Injury Update Thread

Got knocked the eff out....concussion I imagine

Yeah, he came up really woozy. Imagine he'll be in concussion protocol, good chance he'll miss Vandy game, done for season.

Thanks for asking, OneVol74, I'd forgotten him when I updated the OP with injuries during the game.

I was shocked with the lack of attention the coaching staff, and announcers, were giving Ty after that hit. Dude was out of it. I hope he is getting the treatment he needs.

I was shocked with the lack of attention the coaching staff, and announcers, were giving Ty after that hit. Dude was out of it. I hope he is getting the treatment he needs.

Hmm?

What I saw was the team medical staff meeting Ty as soon as he got to the sideline, and corralling him to a bench so they could start the concussion protocol. Right by the book, just as it should have been done.

As for whether coaches and players came over to pat Ty on the back and wish him well, for all we know a ton of them did. Or, it's possible that the medical staff took him immediately into the locker room for testing.

I wouldn't pick up any pitchforks on this one. He got immediate medical attention, which is the important thing.

Reactions: 4 people
No pitchfork. Watched that series again. Need to educate players and medical staff to just be more aware. There were announcers, viewers, and players who knew he was in trouble seconds after the hit. There were two coaches, trainers, that met him at the sideline.

just read...Coleman Thomas won't be available for Vandy...Will McBride is back at practice....according to Coach Brady Hoke...and,

GO VOLS....BEAT VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just read...Coleman Thomas won't be available for Vandy...Will McBride is back at practice....according to Coach Brady Hoke...and,

GO VOLS....BEAT VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Roller, I'll update the OP.

He mention any of the other guys?

At today's press conference, Brady absolutely side-stepped every single question about player injuries and recovery. So, the OP remains full of "unknown"s.

During the season, players at major college programs abandon, to a degree, their privacy concerning physical health and fitness to play on Saturdays. Whether they're healthy is a team issue, it goes beyond the individual, and so they sacrifice a bit the anonymity in exchange for the opportunity.

But when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter of the final game, we fans cease having a legitimate interest in their personal information.

Accordingly, that's when I'll erase the OP entirely. We can continue to use the thread to discuss team health and fitness considerations, if anyone wishes, but I would see no reason to keep the thread sticky'd beyond that point.

Cheers,
JP

Last edited:
"we fans cease having a legitimate interest in their personal information"

PI is usually address, phone number, SSN, information covered by Hipaa. I didn't think seculation about an individuals readiness to play football would be PI. An example would be someone seeing Todd Kelly Jr in class bench pressing coeds.

Do we really need to shut this, one of the few interesting and not total speculation or delusional posts, down?

"we fans cease having a legitimate interest in their personal information"

PI is usually address, phone number, SSN, information covered by Hipaa. I didn't think seculation about an individuals readiness to play football would be PI. An example would be someone seeing Todd Kelly Jr in class bench pressing coeds.

Do we really need to shut this, one of the few interesting and not total speculation or delusional posts, down?

They're on stage from September to December.

But after the season's over, they go back to being (more or less) regular college students.

I don't want you or anyone else thinking you have any right to hear about my daughters' health situation as they go through their senior year. And after the season is over, I don't see any difference between my daughters and any Tennessee football players in that regard.

So yeah, just gonna shut down the tracking in the OP. More than welcome to keep discussing team fitness, injury stats, and the like in this thread, of course, just not going to keep tracking individuals.

Season is over -- no longer tracking injuries. Let the lads be students for a while, safely out of the limelight until spring camp.

And as the 2017 season comes to an end, and not such a great one, we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the young men who met our frustration with even more of their own, and then threw in blood, pain, wounds and tears.

And most especially, a tip of the cap to junior offensive lineman Jack Jones, a Tennessee native who left it all out on the field for as long as he could. Our very best wishes to Jack and the departing seniors wherever life takes them.

[two seniors may be eligible for medical redshirts: Todd Kelly, Jr., and Cortez McDowell. TKJr has already indicated he will seek another year of eligibility]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back